Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VoIP not working when dead or before spawn.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoIP not working when dead or before spawn.

Alright, I know VoIP is buggy and has issues. However, mine has developed a new symptom that I can't seem to fix. For the last few days I cannot use VoIP when I am not spawned in. It also seems to cut off when I get killed. This means I cannot communicate with squad pre/post game or call out enemy contacts that just took me out. Since this problem doesn't seem to bother anyone else I figure it has to be a setting somewhere on my client. However, I've spent time going through all the menus and can't seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: VoIP not working when dead or before spawn.

Just curious, do you still get the active mic icon next to your name during these times?

Comment

When I am spawned in my custom bind of a mouse button works for voip
      When I am looking at menus, like when dead, it does not, but the default left alt does
      try that and come back and say if that works for you too

Comment

I have a smilar issue to what Sliver is describing, my #5 key does not work and since I've re-binded my keys to a more familiar set up I can't access one of my accessories unless I use the scroll wheel, which is still using the default key configuration as far as I can tell. This often causes me to throw a grenade when I am trying to revive and therefore missing several revives that I should otherwise get. That being said I Haven't had any luck with using the button it used to be since that button is in use as my primary accessory, in this case med kit. I suspect there to be a bug of some sort with remaping keys in BF4 but without DICE being 100% with some issues it is hard to be certain or tell if it is an issue to be reported or waited on to be fixed.
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Hi Reaper, I had the same issue trying to select my defibs or rocket launchers, the keybind would not work.
          What I did was change "toggle underslung weapon" to whatever key I want gadget 1 to be, gadget 2 works fine for me.

As for the Voip issue I am able to talk when I am dead as people have asked me where the enemy was that killed me and I have told them and they respond on voip to what I have said.
          Last edited by MrMojay; 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
            When I am spawned in my custom bind of a mouse button works for voip
            When I am looking at menus, like when dead, it does not, but the default left alt does
            try that and come back and say if that works for you too
            I've been using my mouse button (thumb) for VOIP and having the same problem described by Aruncado. I solved it by adding a key on my gamepad so now I can use that to talk when dead. Thanks for the tip!
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

So it apparently is caused by using a mouse button for VoIP. I just gave up and mapped LAlt to my Nostromo and VoIP "works" all the time. I say "works" because it is still garbled, scratchy, and randomly cuts out because it does that for everyone. However, it at least attempts to transmit every time I hit the button.

Comment

Try changing these settings in battlelog, I have my ptt set to V but when I went into BL it was set to left alt. Do it on the pc you play on.

Thanks to dredge for pointing out the link, would have never know about it otherwise, jeez devs way to hide voip settings, I still cannot find a link on BL for this...lol

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/settings/voice

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X