Mic not working. Works in other Programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic not working. Works in other Programs

My mic works fine in all programs except BF4. I've tried reseting all audio options in win7. I've adjusted TS. To different settings as suggested by some. No dice.

It works perfectly in everything except BF4

Mic is a wired Logitech G35

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted
    Dave

Re: Mic not working. Works in other Programs

Do you hear yourself on the TeamSpeak Options Mic Test?

Comment

Yes I do

Comment

This sound's similar to what I was experiencing a couple weeks ago. Check the mic level in the windows setting. Mine was down to 0, I had adjusted ts3 enough so it would work but that was the reason for no sound in game. This may not work as you've stated that you have reset your win7 settings already.
        sigpic

Comment

Did you go into BF4 Game options and change Audio VOIP setting all the way up? Mine started out at 50% and I couldn't hear anyone until I turned it up.

Of course he is complaining about the mic, but changing the VOIP setting maybe will increase the mic too.

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
            This sound's similar to what I was experiencing a couple weeks ago. Check the mic level in the windows setting. Mine was down to 0, I had adjusted ts3 enough so it would work but that was the reason for no sound in game. This may not work as you've stated that you have reset your win7 settings already.
            Explain. I'm having the same issue. Is there a per-application microphone-volume setting somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Explain. I'm having the same issue. Is there a per-application microphone-volume setting somewhere?
              I promise to after I get my son to bed :D
              sigpic

Comment

I can hear my squad fine, they can't hear me.

I've adjusted my gain to the max in windows settings.

I've selected my headset as the default headset an mic.

Comment

I've even tried playing with TS off. So I could eliminate it as a factor...

Comment

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/settings/voice/

Check that. Make sure the mic you want is set as the default

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am not using a sound card and have a usb headset. Okay so the setting that I'm referring to is under the sound options.
                      Right click on the speaker in bottom right - choose recording devices- in mine I have 3 mic choices. I went to the USB headset mic (make sure set as defualt) - Properties - Levels - here I found that the sound level had been turned down to 0. I adjusted it up to 80 and have been talking fine since. It was fine on the other 2 mic inputs so not sure what happened.
                      sigpic

Comment

USB? What is that? You young fellas with ur new fangled devices! I'm still using my trusty SoundBlaster card. Tried using the RealTek sound ports on my new MoBo but could not get the sound up high enough where I could hear it. Ole Gunney got a bad hearing loss.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Works in other games, not BF4. Completely deleted Origin, and any games associated with it, and reinstalling now. Will see if that fixes it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X