No announcement yet.

Two connections over same IP disconnecting both on second person's load--FIX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two connections over same IP disconnecting both on second person's load--FIX

Background: Aruncado and I play off the same router, which (of course) means that we have the same external IP address. We've had problems connecting to the same server at the same time on and off since the BF4 beta, sometimes because of a server-side setting that can be changed to disallow/allow multiple connections from the same IP, sometimes for unknown reasons.

Attempted fixes: Most of the research we found pointed to router settings, so we've tried the following:
    • Disabling UPnP (left this off in the end)
    • Disabling all port forwarding (left this disabled, too)
    • Turning off the Windows services for UPnP (can find the link if anyone wants to try it)

That's all I recall off the top of my head, but I know we did a few other things I don't recall. Much of it was a haze of annoyance directed at EA/DICE.

End fix: Running Battlelog via Chrome for one of us and Internet Explorer for the other. It seems both IP and user agent (browser) are taken into account when connecting to a server. We also had to log out, clear cookies, and log back in later in the evening after I'd shut down my PC for a while (Aruncado had not) when the original issue returned.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having the same issues! :)

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X