VOIP causing crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP causing crashes

My experiences with game crashes whether it being the sound loop or just sudden game stopping I believe to be due to me using VOIP. A few times I'll see the screen freeze up for two seconds then resume only to have game and VOIP sound only in the left ear. This happens a lot on the TG server. If I'm in your squad and I suddenly leave it's not because I just quit the game. Not my style.

I am using a SoundBlaster card. Anyone else crashing and is using a sound card, please respond here.

The update we downloaded yesterday did not fix the problem.

Have not had any crashes on smaller servers.

Re: VOIP causing crashes

It may or may not be related, but I know I had problems waaaaaay back with some of the older titles and the sound card I was using--I ended up having to bypass the sound card and use a USB headset. Have you tried that just to see if that's the issue?

Comment

Too expensive right now. Maybe after Christmas. Ah, you need my address?

Comment

Gunny I recently ripped out my Soundblaster card after getting fed up with sound card crashes due to Creative's appalling drivers. I now run an Asus xonar and have almost zero issues.

Does your motherboard have onboard sound? If so try disabling your soundblaster and using the onboard audio, see if that reduces your crashes.

Comment

It does have RealTek ports. But I found the sound volume to be too low for me. I need hearing aids just to hear the birds!

Comment

Running on the RealTek should at least confirm whether or not the sound card is the issue, though.

Comment

Yeah, I'll do that today and see if I get any crashes.

Comment

Well, took out my SoundBlaster card and re-installed the RealTek drivers. Took me a good 30 mins to find out why my mic was not working on TeamSpeak. Then I noticed I was using the wrong ALT key. The RIGHT ALT key was now for talk on TS. Anyway, game didn't crash the three times I played. Then server switched to new map that I can not play yet.

Game sound is too low for my liking. I've got bad hearing loss so I don't see how to crank it up any higher. But VOIP seems to be at a decent level.

Comment

The freezing is caused by virtual memory beeing used 100% for me. Take a look at taskmanager to see if this is happening to you also. There is some mention about a memoryleak on the web.
                  Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...