Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Graphics card should I be getting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Graphics card should I be getting?

Just wondering of what kind of graphics card should I be running for Battlefield 4? right now I have 2x Geforce GTX 260's in my computer. Only getting 30 frames and it drops in them cqb combat, which is like everywhere in this game. In a bit I'll post up my computer info, but I'm always a fan of Geforce. Thinking of a price range of $200-$500 or so. I may just get a new computer for around $2,000 and give this one to my wife.

Re: What kind of Graphics card should I be getting?

I have a GTX 560 and it's running pretty good except it has only 1 gig of onboard memory. I would think that GTX 660 would do nicely if it has 3 gig of memory.

Comment

Look for a card with 3 gig of memory. 2 gig would be the lowest I would want. The game is suposedly made for AMD technology but I don't know if that has any great effect when compared to NVidia.

Comment

I bought a 7950. I'm happy with it. On a mix of med/high/ultra settings, I range from 50-70fps @ 1920x1080

Here's a good analysys: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-8.html You're looking for a big jump in performance [the bars], without a corresponding jump in price [the orange line]. The GTX770 / R290 look to be the sweetspot for your price range. After that, price jumps up quite a bit with out much corresponding jump in performance.

Comment

A good deal in the middle of your price range: GTX 770 $359 after rebate

Comment

bought a 7870 for 150 bucks recently and it works nicely, though the new China Rising maps seem a bit rougher on it. The Radeons have better benchmarks for BF4.

Comment

If its within your price range I suggest the Radeon 7970 3GB DC2. Its a huge card though so make sure you have the space for it if you decide to buy it. Another thing is that for its size and stock 1000 mhz settings, you barely hear any noise at all!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X