Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 minute + load in time - Time to upgrade? Look to spend some $$ if necessary.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 minute + load in time - Time to upgrade? Look to spend some $$ if necessary.

From the end of a round to the start of a new one, I'm getting load in times of 2-3 minutes. It's causing me to miss the start of the game and if I'm squad leader the team wondering where I am. I'm on the West coast and believe the server is on the East, I'm guessing it's not of a function of that but of my computer/specs(?).

I know little about internals of a PC - I just play the games :) - so if upgrading will get me better performance I'm willing to spend $500-$1000. PC is around 5 years old. Game runs Ok on medium settings but I get pretty significant frame rate dips on most maps in some areas. Don't know my fps but doesn't seem that high.

Specs:

Ge-Force GTX 480
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHZ
    4.00 GB RAM
    Vista

Any suggestions on an upgrade or is the cause not a function of that?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: 2 minute + load in time - Time to upgrade? Look to spend some $$ if necessary.

I wondered why you wouldn't spawn in this morning as my sl. Get a used SSD drive off of Ebay for about $40-$50 bucks. 80 gig should do it. Make it a stand alone hard drive for the game. This game takes 35 gig right now.

Comment

Re: 2 minute + load in time - Time to upgrade? Look to spend some $$ if necessary.

What Gunney said. SSD's are where it's at for faster load times and their prices are really low these days. If you see a good deal jump on it, you won't regret it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

you might also look into 4GB more RAM. Won't help the game that much, but it sure will make your outside game experience better for cheap. Assuming you have 64 bit that is.

Comment

SSD is going to do the most for load times. Additional RAM may help.
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Have a mid range system myself and the jump to SSD made a huge difference for me. Well worth the investment but I would suggest a 120GB/128GB one to allow the OS and BF4 to be loaded on it with a little breathing room

Comment

Agree with all the above. I have an older system and when I moved Bf4 from my platter to the SSD I went from 2-3 minute loads to 20 seconds. It is much nicer to load in with everyone else and not after all the first points have been capped.

Comment

2 words:
                Video ram. That and SSD is what helps load times. To get an ssd alone is ok and will help but the combo is unbeatable
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X