BF4 Is Next To Unplayable.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Is Next To Unplayable.

So I have a fair amount of issues with this game since the day it was released..

-The first and biggest issue is that probably 7/10 times I spawn in without any weapons. It often takes up to a minute or more of waiting around after I spawn in for my weapons to magically appear again. Sometimes I will spawn in with only a pistol, and one by one the other items in my kit will pop up. If i go into the spawn screen, at the top where it shows all your kits and their items in it, all the boxes will be blank. That includes if i go into the gun editor, to try and put stuff on my weapons.

-Also, say I spawn in with the Medic kit. Once my weapons actually appear after the first time, they will usually spawn in every time after that. Until I switch classes to say recon, when I spawn in none of my weapons will be there. This only happens with any infantry classes though, none of my armor/air/boats spawn in without any of my perks.

-In addition to that, on occasion the game also fails to load player models. So sometimes Ill be running around and just see a floating gun shooting at people. This happens with both people on my team and opponents as well.

-I also get inconsistent load times ranging anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Likely 9/10 times the game will take 2-5 minutes to load in from battlelog, and on occasion it will take less than a minute.

-I have a few other bugs too like the audio ones that everyone gets, the weird laggy score/unlock screen at the end of a round etc.

As far as trouble shooting goes Ive tried just about everything under the sun.

-Reinstalled the game (made no difference for any issue)
    -Redownloaded game files incase of corrupt file
    -Enabled/Disabled SLI with no effect
    -Enabled/Disabled Multi-threading
    -Changed graphics settings from all lows to all ultras with no effect
    -Forwarded all ports that BF4/Battlelog/Origin uses

My current specs are:

Intel 3930k 6 core at 4.4GHZ
    Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz RAM
    OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for OS and BF4
    2x MSI GTX 570 GPU
    1000W PSU

Here are some screenshots of floating pistol goodness and no weapon goodness

Notice how in the bottom where it usually shows your shockpaddles/medic bag etc. None of that stuff is spawned in either.

I am pretty much at wits end here. I posted a thread in the BF4 support forums but that forum is a charlie foxtrot swamped with threads and no useful information. There doesnt seem to be ANY way to get in direct contact with EA support like there used to be.

Im quite certain its not an issue on my end but rather something to do with the net code or another communication error. All of the major issues I seem to have with this game are all things that are controlled by battlelog. All the player class information is stored on their servers so there might be an issue with their servers being crap and taking forever to process my request or something. I dunno, im completely out of ideas.

Literally ANY suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: BF4 Is Next To Unplayable.

Shot in the dark but maybe try playing with a direct connection to the net - no router. I mean if it sounds like there is a communciation issue with battlelog then it can't hurt to try removing a step in that communication chain. *shrugs*
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Unfortunately my ISP provided me with a 2in1 modem/router combo so Id have to buy myself a modem to try that.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

nvidia drivers are updated?

Comment

Is there a way you can log on to your account on someone else's machine then play bf4 under your account using the different pc? That way you could narrow it down to a hardware or system error.

Other than that--have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game?

Or...how about doing a fresh windows install then a new BF4 install. That's a lot of work for something that may not work though.

good luck
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

You need to repair your game install through Origin.

- Right click on BF4 - Click Repair Install

Be warned it will redownload some parts of the game but it should fix your problem. If it doesn't fix it, uninstall and redownload the whole thing again.

Comment

Thanks for the info/tips guys but I have tried all of those things listed above.

I downloaded the BF4 specific Nvidia drivers with no positive effects and rolled them back to an older just to see. Also with no good news.

I uninstalled/reinstalled, and also re downloaded the whole 26 gigabytes with the same issues.

And I also did the game repair in Origin, it said all my files were fine.

After the holidays ill jump on a buddys PC and see if it works.

Thanks everyone
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like a graphics issue to me, specifically calls to render. Have you tried disabling SLI (aka using 1 graphics card)?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Looks like a graphics issue to me, specifically calls to render. Have you tried disabling SLI (aka using 1 graphics card)?
                  Yeah that was one of the first things I tried.

So I went to my friends place last night and tried out my account on his PC and it worked just fine. The only thing i can really point my finger at now is poor drivers? Literally stumped.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you get this worked out? I think I saw you playing since this was posted.
                    |TG|Melee
                    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Sorry for late reply.

No I havent figured it out. Seems to be just something it doesnt like about my computer. Ive exhausted all my limited troubleshooting skills and basically have just given up on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I might take a look at other software you have installed on your computer.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Do you have any software (other than Steam or Origin) that uses overlays? If so, try disabling or uninstalling them.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The only overlays i have besides steam or origin is a couple of windows gadgets for CPU and Ram use % on my second monitor.

Also worth noting the game didnt work any better without a second monitor.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X