Origin Unable to Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin Unable to Open

Recently I've noticed that I can no longer play BF4 because simply, Origin will no longer open. When I click on Origin in the start menu, I get this message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\icudt51.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

So I tried reinstalling/updating, etc. at which point I get this message:

Your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from [link given].

Which isn't allowing me to update Origin, so basically I have a program that I can't do anything with, disallowing me to play BF4.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I haven't been able to play in about a week because of it.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Re: Origin Unable to Open

A similar issue in SWTOR was a result of an optional browser plug-in. Try checking and disabling any other browser plug-ins and trying to launch Origin again.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

With doing the unistal make sure you manually delete origin, exception of game files of course.

I have had this issue with bf3, I eventually got to the original error again and replaced only the file that was corrupt.

I hope this helps, if you've tried everything else give Support a ring and see what they can do.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I found a solution which seems to be working.

What I did was uninstall Origin which was in Program Files (x86) <- which seemed to be causing the problem, and reinstalled it in Program Files.

When I reopened Origin everything went smoothly, I just had to "re-install" BF4 which took only a minute or two because all the files were still on my computer, they just had to be verified.

If any problems re-develop I shall post here.
        |TG6|Flarionice
        Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse