running out of room ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running out of room ...

As the subject line says I'm running out of space on the SSD BF4 is currently installed on. I can look at removing programs but still I think I'd have just enough space for the new DLC and would have to do it all over again.

Question--can I just move the install folder to another drive and expect it to work correctly or should I delete and reninstall on my other SSD which has plenty of room.

Thanks for the input.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: running out of room ...

Games usually regenerate all their registry entries as far as I know (thats why you can usually move them around safelly). You could try that. If that doesnt work, you could try and hunt down all the registry entries and edit them. Ultimatelly you can then just plainly uninstall it and redownload it (using the Origin R&D trick it shouldnt take THAT long). In any case, redownload would be by far the safest and cleanest way to handle this if you dont mind waiting.

Note: if you only move the install folder but dont move the client, it will most likely try and download it again. Just a heads up.

Comment

I have moved mine. All I did was rename my bf4 folder uninstall origin reinstall origin tell it that the game folder is on new drive. Start DL of game so origin creates folder. Copy old files into new folder do a repair from origin and it will verify all the files.

This way saves time and bandwidth.
      sigpic

Comment

One option is to leave the game installation on the SSD, then move select folders over to another drive - maybe an expansion pack folder? Then make a symbolic link from the copied folder back to its original location; the game won't know the difference. If you google 'link shell extension', the first result is a great utility that I've used for a long time. Right click on the moved folder, click 'Pick link source', then go to the original location, right click, and select 'Drop as...' > 'Symbolic Link'.

This may be more trouble than it's worth, but it's worked well for me in the past. If it works for you, great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X