That darn plugin!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That darn plugin!

Okay, so I download that update for the plugin to Battlelog and install it, then I restart Chrome. It says I have to download it again.....a couple redownloads and installs later and it still says it needs to download the plugin. I tried a number of troubleshooting steps like deleting the cache and such, but it still doesn't work. So I try to go to Battlelog with Internet Explorer, doesn't even ask for the update. Works like a charm. I have to assume then that the plugin works for all browser then and assume Chrome is broke. Which is sad, because I love Chrome and really do not wanna rely on IE for anything. Do you guys know how to get the plugin to work with Chrome?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: That darn plugin!

Not sure if it was the same update Scratch but I had a similar sounding issue to yours where which eventually went away after I deleted a file and let it update again. I think I remember it taking a couple of attempts but here is a link to something that sounds similar.

Let us know if this works. If not I will dig a bit deeper and see if I can remember the specific location and files I deleted that got things back on track (my memory of it escapes me as I type).

Edit: I think it has something to do with some plugins being 32 bit vs 64 bit, though I may be totally wrong.

Comment

I might've figured out why it's not working. I recently downloaded and installed the 64-bit version of Chrome. After looking at the troubleshooting step, I checked the plugins page for Chrome and the Battlelog plugin doesn't show there. Maybe the plugin doesn't recognize Chrome now and didn't install it! That puts a slight crimp in my day, oh well, guess I'll have to wait till EA gets around to fixing it!

Thanks anyway Wicks!

[support]

Comment

Cool beans amigo, glad you got to the bottom of it. I assume you can simply launch Battlelog in another browser to get in game and carry on using Chrome for your general browsing?

Comment

Yeah, the plugin is a no go on the 64 bit Chrome. I had to revert back to 32 bit version.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
            Cool beans amigo, glad you got to the bottom of it. I assume you can simply launch Battlelog in another browser to get in game and carry on using Chrome for your general browsing?
            Yeah, I'll probably have to go that route. I have to come back and show you guys how the game is played! lol! :p :D

[support]

Comment

PLAYERS THAT HAVE CHOSEN TO INSTALL THE LATEST 64-BIT VERSION OF GOOGLE CHROME WILL NOT CURRENTLY BE ABLE TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD VIA BATTLELOG ON PC. WE ARE WORKING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. IN THE MEANTIME, WE ARE ENCOURAGING AFFECTED USERS TO DOWNGRADE TO THE 32-BIT VERSION OF GOOGLE CHROME OR USE ANOTHER WEB BROWSER. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
              -Battlelog Website
              Just thought I'd give anybody still looking at this an update. I didn't see it up before today so if you have seen this before I apologize. This was on the battlelog website, the issue is known and they are working on it.

Yay! -ScratchnSniff0

[support]

Comment

They recently came out with an update and it seems to work. So if you wanna go back to 64-bit, you should be golden!

[support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse