DirectX Device Creation Error?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX Device Creation Error?

I went to jump onto the Test Range this afternoon to try and fiddle with some settings/try some things out and I clicked the join test range button and was prompted with this pop-uo window:

Saying that my computer cannot run Battlefield 4. But having played 450+ hours on Battlefield, this is obviously not the case.

How should I go about trying to fix this? Is it a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX, updating drivers, or something else? It should be noted that this isn't the effect of a recently downloaded driver as I have not downloaded new drivers in at least a month.
    |TG6|Flarionice
    Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Re: DirectX Device Creation Error?

Error only occurs on the test range?

I would start by clearing out and reinstalling drivers.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Re: DirectX Device Creation Error?

I meant to post this. It wasn't just for the test range, it was for every online server as well.

As it turned out, I searched around on Google and found a link saying that if you had a window coming up asking for Windows to be updated, that could be what caused it.

I installed the updates that were available and restarted and tried starting up Battlefield and lo and behold, it worked again. Not sure what the updates could have been that would have caused it to stop working.
      |TG6|Flarionice
      Former Irregular, Former member of TG 3rd Special Forces Detachment

Please don't call me Florence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse