No announcement yet.

Disconnect after 5 to 10 min. of play.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect after 5 to 10 min. of play.

A few of you might have noticed me on Saturday night between the hours of 8pm and 9pm Eastern. Unfortunately I was not able to stay long. I was able to successfully connect to the server and get in every time I tried to play, but I would disconnect after 5 to 10 minutes. Not a crash. A disconnect. When it would happen I would get the BF4 black screen with the animated cursor in the upper right hand corner of the screen. After about 30 seconds the game would close gracefully with the message, "Something went wrong..." in the battlelog window of my browser. No entries generated in the event log either. I did try to manually update PB with no difference. I have also forced Origin to "repair" the game files. I am thinking of removing the game altogether and re-downloading it. Before I go to such a drastic measure I thought I would ask here if anyone else has experienced this kind if disconnect? Also if an admin reads this, could you please check the server logs for Saturday the 29th of November between 8 and 9 pm Eastern to see if there is any clue as to why my client was disconnecting.

Thanks.

Re: Disconnect after 5 to 10 min. of play.

It probably has to do with Punkbuster client in your BF4 install being out of date. The current version of PBsetup is 3.8, so it might be that you have an outdated pbsetup version.

Follow these steps to update your PB client:

1. Download PBSetup.exe from here: PunkBuster Online Countermeasures
    2. Run pbsetup.exe
    3. Add Game
    4. Select Battlefield 4 from the drop-down
    5. Check to make sure it auto-detected your BF4 path correctly, if not, correct it manually
    6. Add
    7. Click on Update
    8. Wait for it to finish
    9. Restart your computer
    10. Play and enjoy.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Its a no-go. Updating punk buster made no difference. I disconnected twice in 40 minutes. The first time was around 8:40pm on Hammerhead and the second was 15 minutes later on Rogue Transmission. I always get the same message in Battlelog, "Game disconnected. Something went wrong." The game itself does not crash. It exits gracefully after the disconnect from the server.

Could someone please check the server logs and see if there is any kind of error message associated with my disconnects?

Thanks.

Comment

BATTLEFIELD 4 ERROR Game Disconnected : something went wrong ! - Page 3 - Answer HQ
        Second post on that page has a few more things worth trying I suppose; including reinstalling your battlelog plugins. Try running battlelog in a new browser like chrome if it isn't already.

Comment

F'ing MS update!!!

STOP TURNING ON MY FIREWALL, MICROSOFT!

You know... I kept skipping over the firewall portion of the fix it guides because I run with the MS firewall turned off, but o no. Microsoft knows best! Every once in a while an update will turn it back on.

Thank you Acreo and Squinty. It appears that all is better now.

Comment

I only have one firewall and that's the Windows Firewall. Just make sure you allow BF4 through and it should work. Then you don't have to really worry about Windows Firewall causing you headaches (at least with BF4).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X