Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF3/4/HL port 3659 issue (single client / multiple clients in the same LAN)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3/4/HL port 3659 issue (single client / multiple clients in the same LAN)

Hey there.

Just registered to post this, as we haven't seen this solution provided anywhere else. Doing a round, visiting various forums where this issue is mentioned. We struggled with this error for multiple weeks, trying everything up and down the road to fix this. Here is a list of what we tried unsuccessfully:

- Repairing BF4
    - Flushing DNS cache
    - Clean boot
    - Replacing aged router with three different new routers
    - Calling ISP for port blocking/port limiting
    - Calling router manufacturer for device limitations
    - Using a VPN
    - UPnP off (router/clients)
    - Network Device Detection Search Indexer off
    - Client firewall rule (inbound 3659), firewall off
    - AV off
    - Smart Port Forwarding for port 3659 on every client
    - Adding '+clientport 20xxx' to the command line arguments
    - Router port forwarding for port 3659
    - Router port forwarding for ports defined by '+clientport'

But we did not give up, and we finally found the solution, in a German forum, in a post from the beginning of 2013. Whenever you get the error about port 3659, it might be port 3659. But it might also be that 3659 wors flawlessly, yet another port, 443, does not.

So, here is what you do.

Leave all that stuff on - UPnP, Device Indexer, Firewall, AV, etc. No need for Smart Port Forwarding either, and no command line argument.

Get onto your router. Add static routes for every client you have that should play on the same server or play in general.

Forward port 3659 UDP _AND_ 443 TCP to your IP port 443. Example:

Forward port 443 (TCP) to 192.168.1.2 port 443 (TCP)
    Forward port 3659 (UDP) to 192.168.1.2 port 3659 (UDP)

This allows the first client to play, if the firewall allows the game through and nothing else is broken. Now, for every other client in your LAN, do the following:

Forward different ports to the next IP, also 3659 and 443. Example:

Forward port 453 (TCP) to 192.168.1.3 port 443 (TCP)
    Forward port 3759 (UDP) to 192.168.1.3 port 3659 (UDP)

The third client would be:

Forward port 463 (TCP) to 192.168.1.3 port 443 (TCP)
    Forward port 3859 (UDP) to 192.168.1.3 port 3659 (UDP)

You get the picture. Since we did this, we can play three people, one server, no rubberbanding, no disconnects, no issues.

Hope this helps everyone who suffered as much as we did.

You can find me on Battlelog, 'CedRiggs'.

Re: BF3/4/HL port 3659 issue (single client / multiple clients in the same LAN)

Thank you for providing this information, and welcome Mr. Ced23Ric (CedRiggs) :-)

:icon_frow
    |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
    sigpic

Comment

Ced cuts it, heh. Thanks for the welcome. Hope if someone else has this problem, they find a solution here. I am still a little mad that EA's support does not mention port 443 or how simple a port forward would be, and rather send you to your ISP, your router manufacturer and generally into the desert.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful post.

If you like team work, communication and don't mind following orders then you'd be a good fit on the Tacticalgamer.com BF4 server. Cmon down and join us some night.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

man, i am having this problem (just started after this most recent patch) but that trick did not fix it. I really hate EA. Everything worked fine, my system is exactly how it was prior to the patch, and i NEVER got that error until after this latest patch. This really irritates me.

Thanks for the post though Ced, anger aimed at EA/DICE.
          sigpicBF3

...That's a big twinkie

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...