BF4 Voip issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 Voip issues

Wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and has a fix for it. My in game voip use to work, i know this cause ive talked to people and i have also heard my voice coming through other peoples mics in game when they reply instantly. My mic works cause Windows registers me talking, and when i set up teamspeak, it also registered my voice and finished the setup. It seems like its only in game that im having issues. The voice icon next to my name in game does change when i hit left alt, so for some reason my voice just isnt coming through in bf4. Any suggestions?

Re: BF4 Voip issues

Ok so BF4 is registering the keybind/input. Check that windows hasn't changed your audio/mic device in settings. First place I look when weird stuff happens like that. Have you recently upgraded to Win 10 or added/removed a sound card/updated drivers? That can reset your mic/audio settings. If that's the case its an easy fix.

Check it isnt a conflict. Windows can mute sounds/mic if the proper setting isn't applied when there is more than one program with audio running. You want it set to 'do nothing' as opposed to mute other sounds/input (sorry can't remember the exact verbiage or where its located). Try control panel> audio> obviously lol.

Comment

i will defiantly check that when i get home from work, i did upgrade to 10 at the end of july, and the only hardware that has changed is a new video card. If i cant figure it out i will be putting together my new system saturday morning and will be installing everything new so maybe that will fix the issue. all my parts arrived, just waiting on my big boy case to arrive tomorrow.

Comment

A few things I have seen suggested for this issue:
        -Try running directX setup, under Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Battlefield 4/_installer/directx/redist/DXSETUP
        -Or rebinding to a new key, saving and testing it again.
        Do you have the mic set as 'default communications device' under recording devices?
        I can't count the number of people that have has issues getting voip to work or it stopped for some reason, myself included. Likely you won't have the same issue on the new build.

Comment

yea, the dxsetup is the first thing i tried last night. I will take a look and see if its set as default. I want to know what caused this issue incase it happens on the new build, but i guess its not that big of a deal. I guess more than anything i feel stupid cause all this time i have been in squads with TG members ive been talking and calling stuff out and wondered why it seemed at times i was being ignored lol

Comment

If I plug my head set in after game has started in game voip will not work for me even though it registers in game and works with TS. Head set must be plugged in first. Not sure how your set up is but thought I would relay that in case it was something that simple before changing a bunch of settings.

Comment

i got it working, must have been a loose wire in the headset or something, ran up to bestbuy and grabbed a new pair and was able to talk and be heard this evening while playing

Comment

Glad to hear you got it fixed with a new headset. I suspected it might be a hardware issue rather than a software/settings issue.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X