Bad Video Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Video Card

Tried to go back in and play another round of BF4 last night and saw my computer crash on the map load. There was a video glitch on map load and computer decided to reboot itself. Never got back to WIndows 10 screen. After taking video card out system came back up under the onboard Radeon graphics adapter.

So now I have to order another video card. Needed an upgrade anyway. Just hope my problem is not associated with a bad MoBo.

Re: Bad Video Card

You will have to go with SLI or crossfire this time. That way you will always have a backup video card ready to go :)

Comment

Well, I went ahead and got a new card. PNY GeForce GTX 950.

Running alot faster than my old one, but not as fast as I expected. Was running at 90fps on a full 64 player server on medium settings. Would like to lower the fps down to 60 as that is all my monitor will handle. The extra frames just a waste in my opinion. Was running Precision monitor that allowed me to maintain a target FPS. That software didnt come with this new video card.

Comment

Gunney, try and swap for the 960 if you get the chance!
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Gunney, try and swap for the 960 if you get the chance!
          Well, right now I have more horsepower than my computer can handle. The 960 will give me 25% more performance most assuredly, but at $80 more in cost so no swap available there.

Was playing several maps last night not knowing my mic wasnt working after the install. During first map play I called out to Acreo to talk to him about the card performance and he types out "yes" so I was fooled into thinking everyone was hearing me. He must have been responding to someone else's text query. Got mic working just by switching USB cable to a different port.

Comment

That explains why you were so quiet...
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse