New Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mouse

The other night while in server my mouse suddenly stopped responding to any movement or clicking. I instantly went on Amazon to order one using prime so i could have it in 2 days. I grabbed a Reddragon Mammoth gaming mouse. I read some reviews and it seemed like it was a decent mouse with good options. It arrived today, and i have it hooked up, my question is, does anyone have a reddragon or hear anything good or bad about them? Seems like a decent mouse, good response with the adjustable DPI and weights. I got through mice normally once a year, and this one came with a 18 month warranty so that was a plus and it didnt brake the bank price wise.

Re: New Mouse

I feel like its mostly personal preference with weight and grip. Depends if you like palm, claw or fingertip grip. In terms of absolute performance I know that you want the 1000hz mice. There is also apparently some mice with mouse acceleration at the chip level. Like my g9x has like 2% mouse accel that you can't get rid of. It has one of the 'gaming' oriented sensors, but I remember reading there is another newer one that's better. Avago S9500 on the g9x.

Anyhow, if your dpi varies, here are some calcs to help you get setup exactly the same again so you don't disrupt muscle memory. That's probably way more important.
    http://eliteownage.com/mousesensitivity.html
    http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Comment

Thats the problem im running into, trying to get the sensitivity dialed in to where i feel comfortable. At first it either felt very sluggish when turning or i was spinning in circles at the flick of a wrist. I have it close now, but will continue to play with it and get it dialed in. I have the mouse set a certain DPI then using the in game sensitivity to try and dial it in perfect. My last mouse was a 2500dpi and then i had the in game set to 25% sensitivity, the new mouse doesnt have that setting. It does have the setting for me to change it to 1000hz, is currently at 500hz, will changing to 100 make that much of a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
        Thats the problem im running into, trying to get the sensitivity dialed in to where i feel comfortable. At first it either felt very sluggish when turning or i was spinning in circles at the flick of a wrist. I have it close now, but will continue to play with it and get it dialed in. I have the mouse set a certain DPI then using the in game sensitivity to try and dial it in perfect. My last mouse was a 2500dpi and then i had the in game set to 25% sensitivity, the new mouse doesnt have that setting. It does have the setting for me to change it to 1000hz, is currently at 500hz, will changing to 100 make that much of a difference?
        http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/
        This is designed specifically for that. Set in and out to bf4 and put in your old setting and what you want to use your new mouse at dpi wise and it will tell you what settings to adjust in the box below "game info" If you edit the cfg file by hand you can get a lot more granularity out of the sensitivity setting. EG the ui might allow .25 and .26 but you can manually enter .253567 if you like.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X