New update to be out soon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New update to be out soon.

This is one of the things that they addressed in new up date which will be out soon:
    - The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.

Say goodbye to the medic train. Probably they will add the remaining mods to the rest of the maps like Panama Canal rush etc. Read more about it at http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...pany-2-pc.html.
    sigpic

Re: New update to be out soon.

I like that.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

finally, revive invulnerability was probably my number 1 gameplay gripe
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

It is reading week, so I read the whole thread . . .

If I read the coming changes to the hit registry correctly, it means that the effective use of cover will be all the more important.

Note the promised fix: "A fix for blue screen text box issue which should affect all users with this problem"

I hope that refers to the annoying background shaded box that appears on the upper left hand of the screen covering 30% of the total screen when the chat box is up -- very annoying feature that ruins video records.

Some curious comments from the thread on these changes:
        "MoH and BFBC2 use the same engine"

"MOH on the PC being a complete disaster"

"Without the ability to shoot from the prone position this [BC2] is not the shooter and arcade for kids!"

"The issue with spawn protection started when we couldnt kill a person being revived right in front of him, now the person being revived can look around and still carry that spawn protection and making the issue worse."

"hasn't the MoH hitreg been blasted as being worse than BC2?"

"Game has been strangled by no new maps. "

"why not just remove it completely? if you choose to spawn on a teammate that is being shot at you should die immediately if taking fire. 2 seconds is just long enough to waste all your bullets and find yourself dead from some laggy guy spawning off one of his teammates.

this is my #1 problem with the game play; attacking an enemy just to have his teammates spawn on him..... your unloading a whole clip in the guy and he just turns and shoots you to death....."

"1. Rez Invulnerability is still not fixed nor addressed how the community has pleaded for. Because free-look doesn't break invulnerability, the scenario of filling a mag into your enemy while they look around waiting for you to run out of ammo is still apparent. Therefore I hope Demize knows he hasn't done a thing to help solve this."

"we asked for NO IMMUNITY AT ALL. The guy doesn't have to move in order to brake the gameplay, he can just stay still and serve as a human shield while the other guy kills the attacker...geezzz.... can't you understand? is it that hard?"

"The only reason this game is getting a patch is because MOH has tanked in sales. They took a gamble by shifting their focus from their BF titles onto a COD clone, and that gamble cost them dearly."

"I could careless about BF3, it's just going to be build on xbox technology which is severely outdated by now. The name Battlefield had respect at one point, all gamers looked at it like the new industry standard. Instead of building on it, they moved backwards. This game is the laughing stock of the video game industry.

Quite frankly I don't blame DICE either, or zhinto or any one else; and neither should any of you. Blame EA for killing it. Just look at what EA did to command and conquer..."

"MoH is one of the worst arcade shooters out there. It copied basically key for key what CoD did and added nothing new or unique, reviews concur. People play CoD because it's awesome, most are just waiting for Black Op since MW2 failed."

"20,000+ players is actually pretty healthy for a PC game like BC2 nowadays, poor old MoH has half that and it's only been out for like a week and a half..."

"It is sadly not an EA norm to continue any support for any of their products this far out (at least not for quite some time.)."

And finally, this comment, which is perhaps one of the most telling comments regarding player attitude toward in-game reward systems:
        "OMG, OMG, OMG, Yeeeehhhhaaaaa. You are so cool I could kiss you, the blue chat box being fixed and zh1nt0 I could kiss you right now if you where stood next to me!!!! But dude, the Bronze Insignia will be my dream come true. yyyyyeeeeehhaaaaaa"
        sigpic

Comment

While I'm glad they're removing it, I'm not sure if that's the best solution.

Comment

A lot of fixes noone even wanted, but i guess the three people playing BC2 in 3d are happy.
            sigpic

Comment

Well its better than nothing but I agree with Alvin.
              sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Really hope they don't mess with the hitreg. Please leave it alone. It works fiiiiiiiine. They ruined BF2 messing around with what wasn't broken.

Comment

Don't really care about the spawn invulnerability because Squad spawn has always been a stupid concept (but a necessary evil for this game because well, it's not BF2/3, it's BFArcade). The revive invulnerability finally going away? About ****ing time.

Comment

"Some fixes are coming for Bad Company 2 for PC, people!
                    Now.. we want to announce these first fixes we have made and let you know that these are just one part of a bigger list of updates that we are going to release very soon. This update will also require server downtime"

I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the changes/fixes are.
                    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I was not aware of any revive invulnerability issues, or hit box issues.

Reading the related thread it strikes me that the majority of the comments and complaints are coming from a particular type of player, one that is obsessed with their K/D ratios and the awards they garner. Nothing wrong with this player type, but perhaps they are the ones driving the changes or the priority in the changes at EA. This player type is clearly aware of EVERY bug and advantage to be had for better fragging, but shows little concern for teamwork-related issues.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post

Reading the related thread it strikes me that the majority of the comments and complaints are coming from a particular type of player, one that is obsessed with their K/D ratios and the awards they garner. Nothing wrong with this player type, but perhaps they are the ones driving the changes or the priority in the changes at EA. This player type is clearly aware of EVERY bug and advantage to be had for better fragging, but shows little concern for teamwork-related issues.
                        Negative. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

I'm OK with the hitreg issue, at least moreso than most. But I can't disagree with the complaints. There are many times you just take fire when you're not the first to react - someone sees you first, has the faster trigger finger, or they're just well hidden - either way you take fire. Fighting back will get you killed, so the smartest move is to take cover. Many times, you actually do get behind cover, and you die, despite being behind cover. It's frustrating knowing you out-maneuvered the situation to get to safety, but because of the hit registration, you die. On the flip side, it doesn't feel right to get the kill, despite seeing your victim get behind cover safely.

As for the revive invulnerability, this has nothing to do with KDR. It's doing the right things and making the right decisions, but dying in the process because of poor game rules. This is often abused when ticket count is near 0. A team with a few tickets left adjusts to the situation... they all go medic. That's fine, it's the most logical answer. But say you kill an enemy. An enemy medic risks his life to revive him. If you don't kill him before he reaches the body, he gets the revive, and the newly revived is invulnerable. If the medic places himself behind the newly revived, he now has a meat shield, and because the newly revived is invulnerable, your bullets do absolutely nothing. With that 2 or so seconds of invulnerability, you have 2 enemies who have the potential to kill you, and more often than not, with the brief invulnerability buff, they do. Instead of taking 2 tickets away from the enemy, your team is now down 1. As the player who had a jump on both players, aimed well, and did everything correctly, you find yourself in the losing situation.

This has nothing to do with KDR, teamwork, or tactics. These situations happen... not everytime, but more than you would think. It has everything to do with expecting something to happen when you play it smart, but still losing. While these are elements that constitute a KDR, it has nothing to do with it. It's a lot like the C4 and defib gun. They're supposed to work everytime. In RL, it doesn't, but this isn't RL, it's a game. Certain things/mechanics you have to assume are going to work. You shoot a guy, you expect to kill him. He shoots you, you die and learn not to make the same mistake. Game mechanics create exceptions to the rule. Situations like these are incredibly frustrating and just take you away from the game.

Comment

I really don't understand this line of thinking. The idea that there are two types of players: those who are efficient at killing/not dying and those who care about teamwork and that these two styles are somehow mutually exclusive. I also don't understand how you've concluded that a person who has played a game for a long time and has learned the ins and outs of the game and its technical issues is the type of person who only cares about his K/D ratio.

This is a game that at its core is about taking away tickets and not giving away tickets. Yes, by all means revive, spot, throw recon balls, communicate, stick with your squad, work together but shame on you for killing and not dying?

Comment

Now now, I never said or implied that there are only two ways of playing. What I did was reveal my ignorance with intent to see what answers it would solicit.

Brokeback clarifies the issues very well. This explains why I have often heard near the end of a game "every one go medic" -- I thought it was just to keep each other alive, but it is because people take advantage of a glitch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Brokeback clarifies the issues very well. This explains why I have often heard near the end of a game "every one go medic" -- I thought it was just to keep each other alive, but it is because people take advantage of a glitch.
                              First of all, it's not a glitch, it was intentionally designed into the game so that people spawning in or being revived would have a brief 2 seconds to see their surroundings and get ready to defend themselves if it was a hot revive or spawn. Secondly, when people say "everybody go medic", it's because the ticket counts are extremely tight and often the difference between winning and losing the round comes down to bringing back lost tickets by reviving people. It does not mean people are saying "let's take advantage of the revive design flaw".
                              Last edited by VoodooIT; 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X