The Smokin Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Smokin Thread

Herewith, a thread dedicated to videos and discussion of the much reviled smoking tactic.

I started the recording too late to get the best part of the action, but here is an example of a tactical use of smoke, used here to obscure a spawn point behind enemy lines.

Best viewed in HD
    sigpic

Re: The Smokin Thread

Why on earth is the other team letting you get away with this? What server were you playing on?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
      Why on earth is the other team letting you get away with this? What server were you playing on?
      Hmm, TG server last night.

E-Male does not get away with anything. He executes the right tactic for the right situation at the right time (and then he usually gets fragged, but that is another story . . .).

The video record missed a lovely moment seconds earlier, when an enemy stumbled into the smoke screen and received a complimentary smoke grenade in the face. A smoke facial.

Of course, all the enemy force needed to do was lob a nade in the middle of the smoke, and my ticket would have been his. Fortunately, fate played a different hand pour moi.
      sigpic

Comment

Smoke is of course useful, but I tend to find the source and kill it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
          Smoke is of course useful, but I tend to find the source and kill it.
          That is certainly a wise course of action!
          sigpic

Comment

Nothing really special here except that the other team was either full of idiots or your team was stacked. Smoke is great and useful but there's no reason the other team should have let you do this.

Comment

The best use of smoke that i have experienced is to get a stable spawn point on difficult rush maps, eg the one where the first boxes are on an island. One guy (Jazy) had smoke, hid in corner of shed, did not press WASD so did not appear on recon balls, but just sat on his ammo box and rotated with mouse and smoked 10m in all directions. This gave us a stable spawn point in a heavily populated enemy territory.

Comment

Move with the smoke works best for me. Standing still like that and I could probably count my life by the seconds (and the Saxons life as well*). At least on the servers I play on.

*"Ivanhoe" (1952)
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...