Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Resolution In-Game Photography

Here are some BC2 scenes:

This is IMO, the way a video game should look, clean field of view, no mini-map, no mid-screen messages, minimal overlaid reference points, no chat messages (at least not constant stream of them...). The kill messages in the upper right hand corner should also be an option that can be turned off. I think video games are designed by people with little artistic sense when it comes to the player's experience. The current trend to to fill the field of vision with garbage (see MoH for example).

Slideshow:

sigpic

Re: High Resolution In-Game Photography

Possibly the title of this post should be "High Resolution In-Game Photography.. To support my rant about how this games interface should look like but will never happen and I am wasting my breath and TG forum space to post this"

Comment

While I feel differently about your opinion on HUDs, you're more than entitled to share your opinion, and I won't argue against it. However, Tllyx has a point in that your thread subject is a bit misleading.

Comment

Come on now, a little charity here is perhaps in order. I added the comments as an afterthought. I am hardly trying to win an argument here.

This is exactly what it purports to be, a thread which I have created for posting in-game images, more of which will follow as I get in the habit of hitting my f10 (fraps screen capture) key.

I find the images a rather striking reminder of just how far the graphics of the in-game online FPS experience has evolved since BF2.

Keep in mind that I have been in a bit of a time capsule. The last online game I played to any extent was the Arma, PR, and BF2 products -- all extremely dated compared to more recent products.

I'm still stumbling around in-game looking at the scenery and taking photos and videos like a tourist in New New York.

And I get mugged about as often, as a result.

Having said this, it IS striking how clean the BC2 screen can be -- I am not sure there is any equivalent to it, but I lack a wide knowledge of other gaming titles.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, compared to the BF2 engine, BC2 is definitely beautiful. Here's hoping BF3 has the same polish, but with true BF features (VoIP, command structure, larger maps, etc).

Comment

I have played BF2 vanilla quite a bit recently and while the graphics are not crystal clear like in BC2, the gameplay is still extremely amazing (essentially BF2142 minus the constant lag).

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

so thats what hi-res play is like. my game looks like a cartoon. hahahahahaha low-res everything ftl

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Featuring Nomad and Adiventure

Two stills of [TG] Nomad and [TG] Adiventure in action:

Adiventure is providing forward spotting (fire correction) for Nomad.

sigpic

Comment

The game sure looks great, esp. compared to BF2142. I love how much harder it is to distinguish a player from the background. The fact that I sometimes cannot tell if it is a sniper or a shadow means the artists did a great job. The way the ghille suit blends into foliage is just superb.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                    The game sure looks great, esp. compared to BF2142. I love how much harder it is to distinguish a player from the background. The fact that I sometimes cannot tell if it is a sniper or a shadow means the artists did a great job. The way the ghille suit blends into foliage is just superb.
                    I can't count the number of times I've run by a bush, thought I might have seen a recon sitting there, and then did a double and triple take before just shooting at it to see if it would bleed.
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Moses and the burning bush. Voodoo and the bleeding bush!
                      sigpic

Comment

More images of amazing metal and rock textures . . .

sigpic

Comment

You must have an awesome video card, E-Male! I have to run on low settings with lowest resolution (1024x768). Got a new card coming in, Geforce GFX 250. Hope it helps my refresh rate so I can see during fast actions. It's all mostly a blur!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                            You must have an awesome video card, E-Male! I have to run on low settings with lowest resolution (1024x768). Got a new card coming in, Geforce GFX 250. Hope it helps my refresh rate so I can see during fast actions. It's all mostly a blur!
                            Unload has a fix for this, he just drinks scotch until his brain's "refresh rate" slows down and syncs up with his computer and then something does something and then it works!
                            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

And some more scenery . . .

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed