Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Your Medic!

Know your Medic!

I am not an elite player. I cannot rush forward, frag the enemy that fragged you, take out two of his buddies, revive you, and then serve you a hot meal.

I know medics like that (1stMIP FineStyle comes to mind), but that is not how I ride.

Your Field Surgeon, Medic E-Male, follows the fundamentals of rear area doctrine.

As such, my priority as battlefield Medic is to stay alive so I can keep you alive.

When you are downed by enemy fire, my first action will be to do nothing for 3 or 4 seconds. I'll assess the situation, determine enemy strength, note available friendlies for cover fire, and move forward to revive you IF the area is reasonably secure.

If you have been careless and run too far into enemy territory, leaving supporting teammates far behind, you are not my concern.

I am my squad's medic first. I position myself to the rear of my squad and provide them with intell while checking left and right flanks, and maintaining situation awareness.

Teammates not in my squad will be revived but not in a manner that risks my ability to support for my squad.

Know your Medic!
    Last edited by E-Male; 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Know Your Medic!

I just revive people like voodoo or unload when theres 23 people around them. its their own stoopid fault for dying.

Comment

As opposed to reviving, I like to shoot or stab the corpse of a fallen teammate. That way, it breaks down the body, and friendlies reduce the risk of tripping on it.

Comment

Providing a squad anchor is always useful.

Comment

when Badger dies, i just shoot his body a few times to make sure he doesn't come back as a zombie.

but in all seriousness, there are some nuances to playing medic and reviving people that weren't always so obvious to me until now.

- i used to always go out into an open field to revive a fallen teammate, but now i'll actually think twice about how likely i am to die in the process of reviving someone

- when a squad is pushing hard into enemy territory, the medic should be the last one in the pack so he can easily scoop up squadmates that fall ahead of him. so often i see medics running at the head of the pack (i'm guilty of this)

- i think medics sometimes get into a bad habit of blindly running around reviving the lightning bolts on their minimap and this is terrible because it means you're either staring at the minimap or you're staring at the ground looking for the body and as such your situational awareness is zilch (guilty of this as well). you know what usually accompanies a dead teammate? the guy that shot him.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

And I do not mean to imply that I am a hot shot medic. I plan to play this kit almost exclusively until I get much better at it.

Last night on a number of occasions I found myself in a state of awareness that only comes from the total immersion into a virtual environment -- incredible sound textures as the enemy kept dropping mortars on two different targets at once, the pure energy that comes from being close to the front lines, often seeing the maps from angles/vantage points never before experienced by myself, seeing graphics that are often movie-quality (OMG), and being totally in the moment. To say nothing of seeing two opposing teams maintaining sustained battle over a front line in an organized fashion -- it only happens on servers populated with the best. Chaos inevitably reasserts itself on the battlefield, but it is those moments of coordinated aggression that blow me away.

Playing as a medic enables me to support my team and do in-game videography with greater awareness of what demands to be filmed at any given moment.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
              Know your Medic!

Your Field Surgeon, Medic E-Male, follows the fundamentals of rear area doctrine.

Know your Medic!
              I dont want no Doctor or Medic around my rear area!

Comment

Mine is a humble profession . . .
                sigpic

Comment

:) You get Medics in front because they have a pretty good LMG to use. But don't forget anyone can pick up the medic kit off your corpse and start working the magic. ;)

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with having a medic in front.
                    sigpic

Comment

Something to think about: Perhaps the situation would dictate this, but it is more important to revive other people not in your squad, if you have a choice. Especially on rush mode, where more people spawning in on the front lines is very important. With the ability to spawn on anyone in your squad, it makes more sense to me that a revive on someone not in your squad may be the difference between four people attacking, and eight people.

Comment

Good point, Upload. My summary of my 'style' is not meant to imply that I would not revive non-squad members (that would just be silly). The most effective situation is a cohesive squad armed with voice comms, so the priority is to keep the squad alive in any given theatre of action.

Having said that, as you point out, do everything you can to help the rest of the team.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                          I dont want no Doctor or Medic around my rear area!
                          Oh Gunney, your tags feel so good around my neck right about now...

~The Turtle
                          TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

Here is a video with subtitling that provides an example of the use of tactical retreat, informal squad leadership (through BleedingKnee), and medic-as-spawn point and rear cover.

My point is not to suggest that this is the only or the best way to run as medic. This is the way I play.

A more agressive player with better CQB skills could get more revives and reduce the distance between the squad and the rear medic, but the squad would risk being completely wiped out sooner. Here E-Male keeps the squad at the forefront of the lines for over five minutes.

Best viewed in 1080p HD.
                            sigpic

Comment

nice video. you should hide or pull out your gun while waiting for your paddles to recharge tho.
                              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X