Teamspeak channels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak channels

I want to apologize to everyone that I have asked to leave a teamspeak channel. I've probably said something like "this is our squad's channel, please create a squad with so and so and then go into a different teamspeak channel". It's never feels good when someone asks you to leave, even when it is on the internets, and that's why I want to apologize. It's nothing personal.

However, we do run squad based communications. This includes giving orders, asking for revives, providing intel on the enemy, and talking trash. If you're not a part of the squad, you cannot participate in the communication. If you'd rather listen in on our squad than hang out by yourself in another channel, that's fine too. However, when there are 8 people (or even 6) in a squad channel, it's time to get your own channel.

Now, I know that a lot of people just get in the same channel as the rest of the their team; if that's what you want to do, that's fine. However, I like to see one teamspeak channel per squad. It promotes teamplay and makes the game a lot more fun. It gives you a chance to squad lead, or even to discuss your favorite perk. It's a lot less formal than when you have the other 15 members of your team listening in.

Re: Teamspeak channels

For the most part comms that are not squad specific are merely noise.

Hearing some vague chatter about an enemy at a unspecified flag, or a flag that is not the squad's current objective, only adds to the fog of war.

When seeding a low population server, it is quite fun to have everyone in the same channel for some polite group trash talk. But in a full server, for me, I only want to hear from my own squad mates.

I want to know exactly where my squad mates are, what their situation is, what the enemy strength and location is, and what our current objective is (hold, cover, attack, retreat, etc . . ).

I do not want to hear your thoughts on your favourite weapon, kit layout, TV show, or girlfriend. I do not want to hear negative talk about other players or the game itself.

The occasional joke is fine, as is 'fox hole' conversation in quite moments.

If a squad is in a squad channel please think twice before joining them.

The only exception I can think to this is when you want to roll with my squad but the squad is full. In this instance, as long as you are with the squad and focused on the squad's objective and in the specific vicinity of the squad, then I think there is room for more than four. Keep in mind that I do not speak for BleedingKnee or the TG-3rd in this matter of a "fifth" (back in the days of the 1st-MIP we did something like this, but would run two 1st-MIP squads as one, with the two SLs in comms with each other -- made for a very powerful unit). Here, the polite thing to do would be to ask for permission to be a fifth. Bleedingknee, I would appreciate your thoughts on this issue as I do not want to muddy the waters here.

This does not have to apply to everyone, and it is does not mean that other TS preferences are wrong.

So do not take it personally when asked to move out of a squad TS channel.
    Last edited by E-Male; 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I hear where your coming from, Bleedingknee. But most of us just jump onto TeamSpeak and go to the side that has the most members. I do remember the episode you are referring to and if you were in the lower squad channel then my bad. If you were in squad one channel, your bad. There is no common channel for just everyone else on each side available. Just squad 1-3 for BC#1 and Squad 1-4 on BC#2. Unless you want to joining the BC#1 lobby and listen to both sides! That's way too confusing.

I feel that who ever takes care of assigning the different channels should change it so it's more user friendly. Many times I hear some one ask "Is this attacking of defending side?" and it's not obvious from Teamspeak side as to which side to join initially. I think that adding or changing one of the channels to say "Russian side" or "USA side" would be more intuitive!

Well, that's my two cents!

Gunney

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
        I think that adding or changing one of the channels to say "Russian side" or "USA side" would be more intuitive!
        Gunney
        The only problem with naming Team 1 and Team 2 channels in teamspeak to "Russian" or "US" is that people would have to switch channels almost every round.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

You could always name them 'Red Team Channel' and 'Blue Team Channel' ;-p

Comment

Folks, if you find yourself in the wrong TS channel but cannot get out of game. Try to find an admin. I for one(And I can speak for the entire BF admin team) would be happy to move you.

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
              Folks, if you find yourself in the wrong TS channel but cannot get out of game. Try to find an admin. I for one(And I can speak for the entire BF admin team) would be happy to move you.
              So maybe just typing in something in text would alert an admin, like "!Reporting OldGunney needs to be kicked to correct TeamSpeak channel!"?

Comment

That'd probably work.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Coming from PR (not a this is how it works, do it also), but they have the whole Team 1/Team 2 setup in the Mumble (like TS). You don't change channels every round, because the team you just played with as Russians, should be the same team you're with when you all switch to US. Attackers/Defenders is exactly the same concept.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                    Coming from PR (not a this is how it works, do it also), but they have the whole Team 1/Team 2 setup in the Mumble (like TS). You don't change channels every round, because the team you just played with as Russians, should be the same team you're with when you all switch to US. Attackers/Defenders is exactly the same concept.
                    That's what we have at the moment and it works perfectly; I don't know why people want to change it.

Former TG-21st
                    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...