• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BleedingKnee
    started a topic Four new free maps confirmed

Four new free maps confirmed

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...company-2.aspx

"VIP Map Pack 7 is on its way to Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This pack will include four maps never before available in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer, two of them being fan favorites Oasis and Harvest Day. As always, this content is free for PC and console VIP players. Read on for the full story."

• Bisclaveret
    replied
    Re: Four new free maps confirmed

Originally posted by Belander View Post
    But technicly youd be dead, and so is your squad so there would be no real way of infoming your allys on this, if it were kept to real life limitaions. :)
    And that's the way the VOIP worked, when it worked.

Leave a comment:

• Belander
    replied

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
    If voip worked then TS could be used as commander style comms or any other team-wide urgent messages. Squad channels as the absolute only comm method can be ineffective at times; say a player manages to kill your squad and is about to hit an ally squad unaware from behind, you could have your squad leader warn them through TS.
    But technicly youd be dead, and so is your squad so there would be no real way of infoming your allys on this, if it were kept to real life limitaions. :)

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

but shooting people in the back isn't very nice

Leave a comment:

• MacLeod
    replied

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
    VOIP bah. TeamSpeak works fine.
    If voip worked then TS could be used as commander style comms or any other team-wide urgent messages. Squad channels as the absolute only comm method can be ineffective at times; say a player manages to kill your squad and is about to hit an ally squad unaware from behind, you could have your squad leader warn them through TS.

Leave a comment:

• E-Male
    replied

VOIP bah. TeamSpeak works fine.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmfist
    replied

Comment to the VOIP issue: Anyone have contacts with other groups like ours that have the same issue about VOIP? Groups large enough to show DICE/EA that VOIP is desired by a large group of Battlefield junkies? A general petition signed by members of gaming groups regularly playing Battlefield games may help nudge the game gods to review the importance of VOIP.

Leave a comment:

• Bernout
    replied

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    You know, I know we all HATE EA/DICE, but sometimes, sometimes, they make it worth while.
    :) I think in some ways the gaming industry has failed simply by making our expectations too high. As someone mentioned earlier, how many other forms of entertainment can give you hundreds or even thousands of hours for a $50 investment? On the PC we're even better off due to all the great modders out there.

Now having said that I'm happy to see the new maps coming and yes, I would also love to see VOIP at this point. What drives me crazy about VOIP is they nailed it with BF2 and that was how many years ago? 4 or 5 already?

Bernout

Leave a comment:

• Bisclaveret
    replied

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    You know, I know we all HATE EA/DICE, but sometimes, sometimes, they make it worth while.

Hell, if they call me darling and end it with a 'please', I may just make them pancakes the morning after.
    Prince will help.

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Hell, if they call me darling and end it with a 'please', I may just make them pancakes the morning after.

Leave a comment:

• oniell121
    replied

Mantis, is right. It apparently just hasn't been high enough of a priority.

Leave a comment:

• FBmantis
    replied

(of course who knows where the real issue with voip is).
    They told us long ago... sorta..

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/13378386-post16.html

Leave a comment:

• MacLeod
    replied

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
    Making maps is not simple. Each one can take 3-6 months or more to make. One thing DICE does IMO better than most, is making maps and these babies take time... even the ports.

With the VOIP I wonder if either there is an engine limitation preventing it from fully functioning or if they are just unable to nail down the issue.
    I did not say that making maps themselves are simple, only that they are probably easier to make then trying to fix voip as they do not require the developers to actually change game mechanics on the base level (of course who knows where the real issue with voip is).

Leave a comment:

• Greasy Mullet
    replied

Oh how I wish they would fix it, but fixing voip probably requires re-writing a lot of scripts while making new maps is much simpler.

If anything I hope they start making more large, open BF style maps.
    Making maps is not simple. Each one can take 3-6 months or more to make. One thing DICE does IMO better than most, is making maps and these babies take time... even the ports.

With the VOIP I wonder if either there is an engine limitation preventing it from fully functioning or if they are just unable to nail down the issue. The game is using an awful lot of effects and really pushing the limits of in game sounds. I would not be surprised if the issue is connected to that somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Jakaleel
    replied

If VOIP was a easy fix, MOH would have it. At this point I wonder it the Battlefield play for free game will have VOIP.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X