Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What What are your thoughts on the 24 C4/MCOM change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What What are your thoughts on the 24 C4/MCOM change?

I'm curious what the rest of TG thinks about the last patch's change to MCOM health. It now takes 24 pieces of C4, RPG shots, or tank shells to take down an MCOM.

My first impression is that it's a large change, and that the game is more fun now. I find myself running medic about 70-90% of the time on Rush Assault in order to keep team-wide, brute-force pushes going. That seems to be the new MO in Rush Assault: you just need to win a plain, team-wide firefight on the MCOM, or it ain't gonna happen.

Thoughts? Do you like the change? Love that sneaky people can't C4 your MCOMs anymore? Hate that no one wants to push up when you're attacking? Hate that the new maps are ridiculously hard on Rush assault? :)

Re: What What are your thoughts on the 24 C4/MCOM change?

It's a great change. It's still possible to do the MCOMS with C4 or rockets, but it must be the team's strategy from the beginning. No more "push until your hit 30 tickets, then switch to AT4s and get to the next stage"

I didn't mind the C4 as much since it involves actually getting near the crate, but the AT4 on Valdez or Isla or Valparaiso really broke the whole point of Rush, which IMHO is actually getting close to the crates. Sometimes they're in a building for a freebie, but most of them actually need to be armed now. Which I like. There's been a definite increase in the quality of Rush games, IMO. Real raging battles, non stop action, versus trying to plink guys in the spawn as they guide an AT4 into the crate.

The change they need to change back is whatever borked my framerate. I wish I could FRAPs to record how surreal my gaming experience is. FPS is so slow that people can literally appear out of nowhere between frame refresh for me. Or I fire a shotgun at what looks like empty space to me, and magically get a kill. Very weird, like the time I played Desert Combat on a really bad wireless connection.

Comment

I personally like the change and the fact that you need to fight it out to get to the crate. I think that is what was intended in the beginning for Rush mode. I always felt it was cheap to destroy the MCOMS from a distance by collapsing a building, using RPG's or manage to get a few C4 packs on it as you pass by running to the next crate. I have noticed far more real kick butt battles and it has rekindled my enjoyment of the game.
      |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Increased MCOM health is better for so many reasons. I agree with Britt that it was pretty lame that you could attack on Rush and then decide with 30 tickets left that you had no choice but to RPG the MCOM and then doing it was usually a trivial matter as long as people were on board. Also, back when it was 12 C4 to blow up an MCOM, I thought it was a little too easy for a sneaky squad to work their way to the back of the base and blow up the MCOM before anybody could react. Even if that squad was detected, as long as one person in that squad made it through, other people could spawn in on him and blow up the MCOM in one go. Now it would require an entire squad full of 6 C4 each.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
          It's a great change. It's still possible to do the MCOMS with C4 or rockets, but it must be the team's strategy from the beginning. No more "push until your hit 30 tickets, then switch to AT4s and get to the next stage"

I didn't mind the C4 as much since it involves actually getting near the crate, but the AT4 on Valdez or Isla or Valparaiso really broke the whole point of Rush, which IMHO is actually getting close to the crates. Sometimes they're in a building for a freebie, but most of them actually need to be armed now. Which I like. There's been a definite increase in the quality of Rush games, IMO. Real raging battles, non stop action, versus trying to plink guys in the spawn as they guide an AT4 into the crate.
          Well said!
          sigpic

Comment

It does make it more difficult. I find it more effective to medic train it to an MCOM now. That is, if you have the team that is willing to push with you and not sit back behind cover until the game ends without a single mcom being destroyed.

Comment

I love it...it makes maps like rush-white pass and cold war more intense and better to defend.

Also, the fact that they moved the mcomms out of the buildings is great :) I bet it was voodoo that designed those maps.

Comment

go figure....it's funner to fight over the objective then sneak around and blow it up :)
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                  go figure....it's funner to fight over the objective then sneak around and blow it up :)
                  funner....lol
                  |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Originally posted by RoadWarrior View Post
                    funner....lol
                    oh I'm sorry....I meant to say more funner....thanks for pointing that out.
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                      oh I'm sorry....I meant to say more funner....thanks for pointing that out.
                      More fun*

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                        More fun*
                        *Roligare
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X