BC2 Hitbox Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 Hitbox Issues

I've had some serious hitbox issues lately. Sometimes, players are staying completely still, I place my red dot directly on them, burst fire, and get minimal to no hits. Normally you can chalk that up to bad aim, but I've had lot of success in the past up until now. Even when moving, I just don't get as much hits as I used to.

Glad to know that it just isn't me (and Abel).

(this video shows still targets work, but its been buggy for me lately)

Re: BC2 Hitbox Issues

It has seemed a lot worse to me lately. I always knew the hitbox lagged behind but there's a serious mental conflict going on when you try to aim behind someone. I just don't get why I can see blood splatter off of someone even if their hitbox isn't there. It is like the shot is registered on the player model...just not the hitbox.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I do occasionally notice some of my sniper rifle shots will appear to land, with blood splatter and body whiplash, without actually registering the hit. Seems strange that the game acknowledges a hit by executing blood splatter and whiplash, but then no actual damage is done to the player. Why are these two aspects of hitboxes on seemingly two different models.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
        Now that you mention it, I do occasionally notice some of my sniper rifle shots will appear to land, with blood splatter and body whiplash, without actually registering the hit. Seems strange that the game acknowledges a hit by executing blood splatter and whiplash, but then no actual damage is done to the player. Why are these two aspects of hitboxes on seemingly two different models.
        Same here. I'll be hidden, firing straight at someones head, and it won't register. Or a leaf from a branch will be covering their head, and the shots won't register. Annoying.

~seriousturtle
        TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

I have been switching between HC Black Ops and BC2, so I didn't know what to blame it on, but I have been switching out weapons trying to figure out why I keep firing unseen and getting killed anyways after someone turns around. I of course can't confirm it isn't just me.

Comment

Im pretty sure that the hit boxes got updated in bc2 to the new moh hit boxes

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

I've been having same issue especially with G3 and knife. I get a kill in 1 out of 5 knife attempts. 44
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the G3 and the engie SMG's have been pretty spotty for me.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                  I think that
                  * The blood/whiplash animation is handled by the local computer.
                  * The actual hit detect is handled by the server.

Comment

I can't find the stuff I read a couple of months ago but there is a ping issue with the hit boxes.. It works the same way when you get killed after rounding a corner on a building. The Hitboxes "lags and it works differently depending on where you are, where the server are, and where the guy you just shoot at is..

1-2 patches ago the did something to "fix" the hitboxes and I've felt a huge difference in lag since then. Maybe it's my Hi ping "Playing from Sweden" and the fact that I kinda hmm play a lot with the SV98 but it's much harder now to get consistent hits and you can't find the golden spot like you used to. were to aim changed with the numbers of players on the server on the server..

hmm that didn't make any sense did it? :P
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

What you're describing abel is just typical lag characteristics. I remember way back in the CS 1.6 and Natural Selection days, people with a ping over 150 would get killed 3-4 seconds after they rounded a corner from their point of view. But if you had a low ping (under 75ish) they were either still clearly in your frame of view or they were jumping/pausing around the screen. It was just a function of the way the game handled lag, and it wasnt pretty.

I have seen exactly what people are talking about for the most part here and it sounds like its an issue of the hitboxes not being calculated to the character model correctly. If you shoot someone in the face with a sniper rifle, you see the blood and the model movement because the server calculates the bullet trajectory in relation to the model. But it doesnt do any damage because there is a second calculation: where the bullet goes in relation to the hitboxes. If those two calculations dont come to the same conculsion, then you get the effect of actually seeing the hit, but no deaddy-dead-dead.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is for them to re-do the hitboxes so they actually match the character models. So, as well as we all know EA's love for PC gamers right now, I wouldnt hold my breath for a fix.

Comment

the laggy hit boxes have been like that for as long as I remember playing this game. So many times have I ran behind a wall, no body is there it's completely safe and still get killed by the guy shooting on the other side. Happens all the time. It's really annoying

Comment

The other result that of this poor coding is that sprinting around, frenetically moving the mouse back and forth allows one to dodge bullets. So you come around a corner aiming down your rifle sights, fire two bursts into someone, and they do the spaz dance and knife you with the magic auto locking COD knife.

Instead of cloning all the COD stuff, and modeling 50 guns, they should have just made a tight, solid, well playing game. One that continues to run well on the hardware it runs well on, and doesn't continuously have new and exciting ways of being screwed up. Instead they go for the glitz and the shiny new faddish things copied from COD. The console versions are probably just as bad, but you can't tell because the controller is nowhere near as precise as the mouse. PC players can tell when our bullets are center mass and are just plain not registering. So skill becomes meaningless, it becomes a game of chance where the hit reg gods decide who's going to win an encounter. I might as well flip a coin and headbutt my nuts every time it comes up tails.

Comment

Don't headbutt your nuts! Respect yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                              1-2 patches ago the did something to "fix" the hitboxes and I've felt a huge difference in lag since then. Maybe it's my Hi ping "Playing from Sweden" and the fact that I kinda hmm play a lot with the SV98 but it's much harder now to get consistent hits and you can't find the golden spot like you used to. were to aim changed with the numbers of players on the server on the server..

hmm that didn't make any sense did it? :P
                              You're from Sweden???? I wont be making any sexual suggestions around you for sure!!!! Free Assuage!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X