Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vietnam....talk to me

Originally posted by HiTestFest View Post
    ^^^ At least it wasnt some stupid remote control car. :)
    lol I always used [email protected]!!!!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

am I the only one who thinks some of the textures look pretty bad compared to regular BC2, particularly up close?

also, they need to add the compass to regular BC2
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

And they need to add the flame thrower to BC2 also! Flame on!

Comment

I'm not sure about the textures, I'll take a closer look tonight.

The 2 biggest graphical issues I have are the Vietnamese character models look horrible, especially when compared to the Marines and BC2 models. The Vietnamese models look cartoonish. My other issue is the Vietnamese English VO. I like having the English VO that way I actually know what the characters are saying, but unlike BC2, the Vietnamese team for whatever reason, have "decent" english accents, making them a bit difficult to distinguish against the marines.

For the most part, I love what they did with BC2:V. The compass is great, but I'll be honest, that should've been in BC2 from the get-go. That definitely needs to be carried over to vanilla BC2 asap.

Do you guys notice any difference in hit registration versus vanilla BC2? It feels a bit tighter in BC2:V, but I'm not sure if it's because weapons are stronger (or so it seems), the lack of scopes makes it harder to notice, or any combination of the 2. If it is somehow different, it'd be nice if they'd copy the hitreg over to BC2 as well.

Comment

Hit Registry is on like donkey kong....I am not running to cover getting hit a few times then a split second later when I think I am safe behind a wall just somehow die like some magic bullet theory.

I am just wondering why they couldn't get this critical piece right the first time :)

Comment

Originally posted by xBadger View Post
              Hit Registry is on like donkey kong....I am not running to cover getting hit a few times then a split second later when I think I am safe behind a wall just somehow die like some magic bullet theory.
              That because you are dying a slow flame thrower death! hahahahahaha!

Comment

I don't know what kind of awesome hit-registry magic you guys are getting, but mine is still terrible. Can't count on all my fingers and toes how many times I've come under fire, ran around a corner, then died a second later from someone behind a brick wall. I like the maps, although a few of them have very frustrating chokepoints. As in, so chokepointy as to be ridiculous. As far as the weapons go, a lot of good there. The M16A1 is frankly the perfect assault rifle ingame; high accuracy, good firerate, fully automatic, 30rd mag (wait wut?), low recoil, and a reload that has a bolt-pull. I don't honestly see a point in using the AK or the M14.

Something that kinda frustrated me with the visuals in Vietnam is that even the American weapons are crazy rusty. Someone's been rude to their M16...it wouldn't be working. Even the experimental weapons, like the Stoner are rusty, which frankly makes no sense to me.

I suppose I'm being doom-n-gloomy right now. Overall I'm glad I got it, because now I have a bunch of new weapons to get gold and platinum stars with. Wish they hadn't reused MoH sounds, but they did so oh well. Look forward to seeing you guys in the vietnam server.
                Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Daishi2442 View Post
                  Wish they hadn't reused MoH sounds, but they did so oh well.
                  They recycled a lot of weapon sounds from BC2 like the M249 SAW and the PKM. While it's not a big deal at all, it definitely takes a little away from the experience of playing new content when some of your weapons sound and feel like re-skinned weapons.
                  "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Its a nice change of pace but its not breaking the mold by any stretch. The maps are decent for the most part though two in particular have issues, I can't recall their names but one is a rush map where the beginning mcoms are just major chokefests and almost impossible to take if the teams are remotely balanced. The other is a conquest map where the B flag is ontop a massive hill and once you loose it its very difficult to take back or even to bybass. The flame thrower looks cool but is not very effective, it either needs greater range or more damage because the shotgun will outperform it in every roll.

I guess one of my pet peeves is seeing VC running around with M16's, I would of forced the US into M16's and VC into AK47s personally.

I definitely like the compass and the Helo's are a blast and feel very controllable. On rush you can't destroy the mcoms by taking out buildings which I really like. I thought I'd miss the scopes more than I do and I find it easier to flank and be flanked since there are no motion balls now.

All in all its worth the $15, It will give me a lot more fun for a lot longer than going to the movies.

Cheers
                    Specterr

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                      They recycled a lot of weapon sounds from BC2 like the M249 SAW and the PKM. While it's not a big deal at all, it definitely takes a little away from the experience of playing new content when some of your weapons sound and feel like re-skinned weapons.
                      /gun nerd

RPK was PKM's predecessor so it kind of makes sense in a way.

/gun nerd

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                        /gun nerd

RPK was PKM's predecessor so it kind of makes sense in a way.

/gun nerd
                        [logic]
                        PKM is 16 kilograms of metal and machine; RPK is wood and then some metal. They don't sound anything alike IRL.
                        [/logic]
                        Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

My biggest map issue is easily Hill 137 conquest. That map is HEAVILY skewed in favor of the Americans. Their side of the map has plenty of vegetation and cover to allow for a safer push to B and A, as opposed to the NVA's side where their map is completely barren with little cover, making a push near impossible. To make things even worse, the Americans have access to a one-way tunnel from C, their closest flag, that allows them to go behind the NVA, yet the NVA don't have the same access?

Comment

I haven't even played conquest. The rush maps are entertaining.
                            Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

The new maps are awesome and represent some of the finest FPS online military gaming design yet seen.

The ambient background sounds are rich, contextual, and varied. Great tunes between rounds, and great use of music in vehicles.

Very good foliage. Excellent geographical variety. Buildings are well designed, guns handle beautifully. The new medic stabber works very fast, men are revived the instant the key is hit.

Enemies are hard to see and deadly (the way it should be). "Cover" and stealth have new meanings in Vietnam.

Yes, a few choke points, but that is realistic and forces teamwork. I love observing a team encounter a choke point, adapt tactics, and see elevated teamwork to overcome the enemy. Overall, the maps are disappointingly small compared to HARVEST and HEAVY METAL maps, but deliver in design and tactical/teamwork potential what they lack in scale.

The V maps play out MUCH too quickly and ticket counts need to be at least doubled. You need to give time for front lines to be established.

As Bleedingknee observed, the V-maps have achieved a new level of balance which allows for some drawn-out pitched battles.

You know you are in a great map with sharp players when you see an enemy open fire from a hidden, distant location, and your team responds instantly with coordinated fire on the target. BC2-V provides plenty of opportunity to see what teamwork and tactics can deliver.
                              sigpic

Comment

Anyone notice that fences are no longer destroyable? Guess they had better wood back then.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X