Clear All

• Exploding_Silver
    started a topic [Videos] Vietnam flicks by Silver

[Videos] Vietnam flicks by Silver

gameplay vid to start, I am planning a few tips type vids too

• KnifeHeavy
    replied
    Re: [Videos] Vietnam flicks by Silver

Nice videos as always; Now I just need to purchase the darn thing.

Leave a comment:

• ANGELofDEATH
    replied

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
    I think for all intents and purposes using explosives to destroy MCOMs is a null issue anymore. Not even worth trying to hang back and do this unless you're shelling a building that can collapse on it. It's going to be way more effective to put your efforts into arming it.
    I think that DICE has realized that PC gamers will find any backdoor way to break the rules of the game. Which is why the M-Coms are not in collapsible buildings in Vietnam...
    I wonder if they moved them? Or changed the location of any of the boxes in Map Pack 7 maps before they were released to the public?

Notice that on Cold War, the boxes are just outside buildings that would contain the M-Com on the original maps. I bet they realized that dropping the building pretty much eliminates the need for arming the box, breaking the games rules. . . and, lowering the damage done by explosives is just another way to adjust the settings to fix the rules. I personally would like to see them move the boxes on the original maps to stop the lazy dropping of the building. I'm sure the reason they put the boxes in buildings to begin with was to give the arming/disarming player a little cover from enemy fire.

I refer to "rules of the game" as the set of rules set forth by the game developer (For example; destroy M-Com A and B to move the front-lines of the battle), not the server side rules we have in place.

EDIT: SILVER, huge respect for the videos, deserves the forum pin, best thing about their forums :row__642:

Leave a comment:

• Evo<^|SiNz|^>
    replied

I think for all intents and purposes using explosives to destroy MCOMs is a null issue anymore. Not even worth trying to hang back and do this unless you're shelling a building that can collapse on it. It's going to be way more effective to put your efforts into arming it.

Leave a comment:

• Belander
    replied

I did an experiment with the 40 mil on and empty server seeing how much damage if any on an Mcom. I takes FOREVER like 50 rounds. 5 40 mil grenades gives you the 50pt for damaging an objective. *Roughly* I cannot recall exact numbers but all i know is it took quite some time and is not very effective in an active round.

Leave a comment:

• Exploding_Silver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Exploding_Silver
    replied

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
    Silver I can't wait to see more of these; I love how you are the only non-EA person to ever get his video thread stickied on their forums :)
    Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
    Link?
    VIDEOS Quick tips sticky here

Leave a comment:

• PL_OSTRY
    replied

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
    Good to know about the blades.
    Now i know why tank snipe a chopper is easier in Vietnam.

Leave a comment:

• PL_OSTRY
    replied

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
    Silver I can't wait to see more of these; I love how you are the only non-EA person to ever get his video thread stickied on their forums :)
    Link?

Leave a comment:

• MacLeod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evo<^|SiNz|^>
    replied

Good to know about the blades.

Leave a comment:

• general_alvin
    replied

Nice one, Silver.

Leave a comment:

• Exploding_Silver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evo<^|SiNz|^>
    replied

Your accent is so soothing in the midst of the chaos.

Leave a comment:

• toString
    replied

thumbs up for the video and compass.

thumbs down for the minimap which is utterly useless because its so zoomed in.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X