Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam Postcards from E-Male

Dear Mom and Dad,
    Give Sis a big hug for me. Its three days before Christmas, but the war stops for no one over here.

When I come home I am not sure that you will recognize me anymore. Yesterday I lost one of my best buddies. We were making an assault on some nameless village in the bad part of Da Nang. I was following XBadger who was cutting down VC on the left and right in front of me. Then he charged an enemy tank like a madman. It happens sometimes, something snaps and a guy goes crazy, thinks he is Superman or something.

It's hard, Mom, to get over something like this, and that's why I say I'm gonna be different. I'm not smiling anymore. Nothing is funny anymore. Everything is serious now.

Once I get out of here I never want to hear another word about Vietnam or wars. You read in papers about demonstrators and all this other bull . . . they ask why we are over here. Well we're stopping communism over here instead of in the people's backyard back home in the USA. And we're doing a damn good job over here and we'll keep doing a good job. Our Marine Corps saying is "Death Before Dishonor."

Anyway, Merry Christmas all. I'm gonna have to rush off now. I'll write more later. God Bless you all.

I love you,

E-Male
    *From a letter home by Marine Joe Pais to his mother in Raton, New Mexico, August 30, 1965.

sigpic

Re: Vietnam Postcards from E-Male

Great stuff!! Love the postcard..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Comment

Haha I remember this. That was my bad impersonation of Charlie Sheen in Platoon running from foxhole to foxhole killing VC.

Just for the record, I ran out of C4 on the tank as I planted 4 i think on the road up :\ Glad you were there to back me up tho!

Comment

Some Nam sillyness . . .

sigpic

Comment

That was fun last night seeding

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse