Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS- communicate only with squads or with the whole team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS- communicate only with squads or with the whole team?

I have been playing PR with TG for awhile now, and just started playing BC2 on the server last night. I hopped on the server and was confused though. 1 of my squad mates was in the correct squad channel, but the rest were in another. Seeing as you cant have 10 people to a squad, I am wondering whether you are supposed to use TS to communicate with your squad, or is it meant to have the whole team in 1 channel?

Thanks!
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Re: TS- communicate only with squads or with the whole team?

That's sort of up to you. If most of your squad is in a separate channel, then I would join them there. Most of the time everyone starts out in the same channel (which I would say there is a slight majority that prefers the team in same channel.), then if someone suggests it to their squad mates, they go to their own channel.

Comment

Keep in mind that if it suits your preference, you can always ask your squad to switch to your own channel. Sometimes, they'll stay at the team channel, but if they acknowledge your request, they'll typically join you.

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
        Seeing as you cant have 10 people to a squad, I am wondering whether you are supposed to use TS to communicate with your squad, or is it meant to have the whole team in 1 channel?
        We quite often start up our server with just a few folks in the same TS channel. Most of us start up TeamSpeak first, connect into the Bad Company 2 channel, and then start the BFBC2 program and jump into the server. As time goes by and the server fills up with more TG folks, both sides will be in the same channel. We will be trash talking or smacking each other because most of us know each other from playing together over the years. Of course OldGunney would never stoop to such behavior! Just start up your own TS channel and ask your friends to join you there!

Comment

I don't know if anyone else experiences this but once I start TS, I jump into the team channel, start BC2 and hope that I get on the same team as the channel I am bc once BC2 started, there is no way to go back to TS and switch without crashing my client. Is this common or is it me?
          Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
          It is a serious disease.
          Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Try leftALT+Enter to window the game then alt tab to switch to TS.

Comment

How about TS keybinds?

Comment

LOL at your sig - hahaha ^

Comment

Hah! So it is me :) Well thank you kindly for all the assistance.
                  Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
                  It is a serious disease.
                  Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Some like to be in a team channel, others a squad channel. Usually, those wanting to be in a squad channel will move to a different channel.

BTW, feel free to speak up in TS and ask whether it's a team or squad channel.

Comment

to be i honestly love to me in a team channel, so yo can tell people who isnt in your squad where a tank is spotted or a chopper is above you, or tell everyone that a Bradly is traced take em out, then u see skies full of rockets xD, or asking someone for a ammo or a bandage, or requesting help with capping or mcom defense, its honestly fun and you get to know people better and their game play style so u know what to do and what not to do during any situation. that's what i think- roguesader ^^
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm, to be honest it seems like there needs to be some sort of decision made which is better, because while both have perks, neither work if half the people are in a squad channel and the other half are in a team-wide channel. If there are people from the other team in your channel, why bother even getting in TS? All of this is just IMHO.
                        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Hmm, to be honest it seems like there needs to be some sort of decision made which is better, because while both have perks, neither work if half the people are in a squad channel and the other half are in a team-wide channel. If there are people from the other team in your channel, why bother even getting in TS? All of this is just IMHO.
                          Then it is best to move to your own channel. Often the server seeds with everyone together to ward off loneliness. Just come in, ask if everyone can split up into squads/teams at the end of the round.

Comment

People on other teams in your channel hasn't been an issue. The easiest way to move around on TS is to set up key binds (they take two seconds to set up).

Comment

Hmm... IMHO a team channel is the way to go for everyday playing. It's more lively and other people get to know each other alot easier/better while playing. Squad channel would be good for serious play or those who are working towards that... I have tried both and I like talking/listening to the whole team. Communication seems easier (when spotting/etc)...

A bigger problem would be when you get auto balanced/moved into the opposing team without you noticing and you are still in the same channel in TS. I know this is off topic but I've seen in a different server a macro that flashes a msg that lets you know you been moved to the other team/etc...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X