Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Coming 2011. More News March.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/02/ricc...ond-half-2011/

Interesting but short article from EA CEO John Riccitiello.

The highlights are...

''Battlefield 3 will launch in the final six months of 2011.''

&

"A talk on the game is set to take place at GDC in March."

&

BF3 as "designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot”

Interesting to say the least. I am very excited as to what BF3 will actually be and what their definition of a 'big leap forward' means.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Re: BF3 Coming 2011. More News March.

Somewhat worried it is coming out so soon after Bad Company 2.

Comment

I've been waiting a long time for this to come out. Day 1 purchase for me. Please bring back those big BF2 maps, minimum 64 player, 6-8 man squads, voip, CO, that'll make turtle happy.
      TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

Turtles and Bears will rejoice. I heard a rumor of more than 64 players, maybe this is the "big leap forward". Can't wait to find out.

Comment

I saw a "leaked BF3 info" article about a year and a half back, said something about 96-man servers. If that were true, I would be very happy to wait for BF3.
          Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

I would be skeptical of anything you have heard so far, personally I never believed in that leak. Even if the leaks were true, even with early BF2 information a lot of it did not pan out.

I have a copy of Computer Gaming World magazine (hard copy) from July 2004 which talks in depth about BF2 complete with exclusive screen shots. A lot of the major features the article talks with DICE about never made it into the final product. Some items from a quick scan... "100+ player maps", "fully operational civilian vehicles lining city streets", "Air OR Artillery Strikes", Alluding to fast roping complete with screen shot from DC, each class provides a distinct vehicle advantage (Anti Tank - Radar, Heavy MG - Armor, Commando - Stealth, etc), Dynamic map sizing in game where size of map shifts with player numbers on the fly, lasers to guide bombs, etc. That is just a quick scan of what came from DICE that did not make it into the final product.

All I would count on at this point is that the game does exist and should be more geared towards the PC players.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
              All I would count on at this point is that the game does exist and should be more geared towards the PC players.
              Finger's crossed... check.

Praying... check.

Sacrificial lamb at the ready... check.

Well I've done what I can do. Here's hoping for the best.

Comment

Damonte will gladly sell two of his first-born children if it will convince EA to make BF3 be all that it should.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

u guys smell that? *sniff* *sniff*.....smells like everyone needing an upgrade......just like the last time a BF title was released :)
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Sandy Bridge i7-2600k, 8GB DDR3, dual GTX 460s. Upgrade complete.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Any chance we can get a BF3 forum? I guess just to speculate, wish, and post news updates.

Comment

I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Comment

Looks like that BF3 beta invite from the MoH pre-order will finally come in handy.

Comment

I remember when people paid 60 dollars for a glorified beta pass. haha.
                            Skud

Comment

It's kind of scary though having the beta played by MoH people ( MoH TG players are fine however. They should have given out passes to actual BF games like 2142.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...