Evening out teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening out teams

Last night, while it was fun for my team, tended to be uneven for the majority of the night. I wanted to even things out a bit, but it seems extremely hard to do with the server settings and the fact that the game was either full, or even teams with regards to numbers, so we couldn't team switch. Any suggestions on how to be a little more proactive about this?

~seriousturtle
    TG21 Seriousturtle

Re: Evening out teams

Personally, I fell that it is usually balanced out over time (ex: usually the dominate team switches from A to B every 3-4 rounds).

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Balances out over time? Ummm ok... 4 hrs of getting steamed rolled while the one side is obviously stacked in TS and in game with Regulars and TG members *well known* gets really old fast. Just my 2 cents.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Its not always about the number of ts per side. The other night the dominating side only had half the number of people in ts, we just had better comms.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Everyone that wears the TG tag should be concerned with team balance. It's a shame that there has to be post after post about people not switching teams. The server is bad enough as it is as far as population goes. Everyone should be doing everything they can to balance the teams. We want people to return to our server.

Comment

Admins can help switch players if the server isn't allowing it, ask with in game chat (include a key word like "admin" to get their attention) or look for one in teamspeak.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
              Admins can help switch players if the server isn't allowing it, ask with in game chat (include a key word like "admin" to get their attention) or look for one in teamspeak.
              +1 to this suggestion. Didn't even think of that. To reply to a previous comment, I agree that it sucks when teams are "stacked." But realistically, we had a hard time trying to switch, as the player count was usually even, or when the losing team had 1 extra player. I will be taking Namebots suggestion and try to use admins when player count is constantly even.

~seriousturtle
              TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

Thanks Namebot, we'll give that a try. I could have sworn we discussed this before, and the conclusion was that the admins couldn't mix up the teams (via team scramble, etc).

seriousturtle is right. Trying to even up teams without admin help is incredibly difficult. Teams often have the same player count, or the losing team has an extra player, making it difficult for players on the winning team to switch sides. The best we can do is to coordinate someone on the losing team to leave the server, and have someone on the winning team take their place, but that only works if there's no queue.

Comment

When I mentioned my point above, that teams switched I did not mean every 4 hours, I meant the winning team usually switches every 30-45 minutes (remember this is BC2 not PR, 3-4 rounds does not take much time). This may simply be because I do not have as much time to play anymore, and it seems when I do the teams are more even - I must be getting lucky.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Foot in mouth. My idea didn't work out, sorry doods.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                      Foot in mouth. My idea didn't work out, sorry doods.
                      The admins can't switch ppl up? Any other suggestions?

~seriousturtle
                      TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

People have brought up this problem before. I'm assuming if a solution hasn't come up by now, it doesn't really exist, unfortunately.

Is there a way to turn off the autobalance?

Comment

Our previous solution was to ask people to switch based on their inner desire to make the game fun for everyone. This game makes it harder with its weird (but probably needed) rules on switching.

I think if we turn off auto-balance we will have a different but harder problem to solve, as at least with auto-balance the quantity not quality is kept mostly even (except for when people join on friends, I wish I new the algorithm for 'auto-balance but you can join on friends').

I have resorted to a new tactic - if my team is getting rolled, I rage quit which opens up a spot for someone (anyone) with more skill. I am on a downward spiral, I am blaming it on my mouse for now.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but could we try perhaps turning off autobalance? I think most of us here at TG strive for close games. I often hear people teamswitching to the losing team if they feel an imbalance. Plus, it'd be interesting to see how a team that's rolling do if they're outnumbered.

Then again, that's placing a lot of faith in the community. I'm sure we'll get a few of players teamswitching to the winning side if they don't feel like losing.

I just think it's an interesting experiment.

Comment

What I find to be effective in balancing things out is when my team is losing, I switch to the winning team. If my team is winning, it is despite my lack of skill :)

(Tongue in cheek. I am not at all a game changer, so I do not change teams, win or lose)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X