Not to beat a dead horse, but... (BC2) - Admins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to beat a dead horse, but... (BC2) - Admins

I'm well aware that what I'm about to say might not change a thing but I just thought it needed to be said.

The other night, I was gaming with some TG members. There were four of us in the squad as well as TS, so our squad was working well and we were, whether winning or not, doing our best to cripple the enemy team, in-game - of course :p. Anyway, mid-way through the game, I am kicked out to provide a slot for a paying member.

This was, undoubtedly, very disappointing. I am a supporting member and I sometimes think admins should be more careful as to who they kick from servers. I don't mean to treat "pubbies", as they are called, in an unfair manner, but I really do believe that the order in which people should be kicked or, rather, the priority the server should give in terms of hierarchy is as follows (highest to lowest):

1) Supporting TG Members
    2) TG Members
    3) Public Members

This, however, is not the primary statement of importance in this post. I simply wanted to leave a friendly reminder for admins across TG: I know you want to kick TG-13th Squad members out, since when we fight, we decimate (go 13th!) :p but, in all seriousness, be careful when you chose to kick someone. You've been given a lot of power and, with that power, you've also received certain responsibilities.

I'm very grateful for knowing all the people I've come to know in TG and admins are definitely not an exception. So, please take care and keep what I said in mind.

Your fellow 'TG-er',

CAT :)

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Re: Not to beat a dead horse, but... (BC2) - Admins

Originally posted by Cattley View Post
    The other night, I was gaming with some TG members. There were four of us in the squad as well as TS, so our squad was working well and we were, whether winning or not, doing our best to cripple the enemy team, in-game - of course :p. Anyway, mid-way through the game, I am kicked out to provide a slot for a paying member.

CAT :)
    Er, you evidently have not set your TG settings properly! It's the server that kicks out players to make room for paying members not the admins. Go into 'Settings" ..... click on "Edit Profile" .... and scroll down to "Battlefield BC2 Player ID::" and put in your BC2 name (Cattley, not the ID number)!

By the way, I felt your pain last night as I was kicked off too cause I was using a different name last night! :(

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
      By the way, I felt your pain last night as I was kicked off too cause I was using a different name last night! :(
      Ah, sweet justice . . .
      sigpic

Comment

lol, I think that cattley was a non-SM too long. Indeed, your player name is not set in the forums Cattley. Go put that in, wait 15min for the server to update and you'll be as fit as a fiddle.

Comment

Assuming fiddles are fine! Indeed! :p

Well, I do know, though, that admins can also kick players manually and I believe that was the case with me a few nights ago. Either way, 13th is still the best....

Just needed to be said... >.>

Comment

Not a problem Cattley! I can assure that that no TG admin would purposely kick a TG SM without them breaking a rule (which should hopefully never happen).

But also, it might be best to bring concerns like this directly to the admins in the future.

Happy playing!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
              lol even if you change your name people still recognize you! well, atleast i did...

As far as the way it kicks people off the server I think it should be change... Last I was told it kicks the player that has been playing longest in the server currently whether they be a TG or a pub (SM excluded, of course) and I think that is fair. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenchi View Post
                As far as the way it kicks people off the server I think it should be change... Last I was told it kicks the player that has been playing longest in the server currently whether they be a TG or a pub (SM excluded, of course) and I think that is fair. Correct me if I am wrong.
                Yeah, I think the way the server is set up it's fair in that it kicks the oldest (longest playing) player off for the Supporting member. But if I use a different soldier name, then I have an issue with it not even letting me on after being in queue and loading the map. It boots me off and says it's full. Most other servers you can get on after a wait. Don't know what is going on. By the way, was not using the E-Male-2 name as not to draw the lawyer's wrath!

Comment

Well, guys, whatever happened, I think it's safe to say that this problem will no longer bother me. Therefore, I forward the motion to pass on all the blame for recent events onto E-Male! :O

CAT :p

Comment

Wow, all I see is 13th everywhere! Where did they all come from!?!?

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

You're worst nightmare! mwuhauha, mwuhauha, mwuhauha!

...... or just the forums, really.... >.<

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X