Public access to server when full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public access to server when full

I was using my other soldier name last night and was denied access to our server! Got this message even tho there was only 30 players in a 32 slot server.

We have to assume that this happens to everyone else that comes to our server to play. GO AWAY! THERE IS NO ROOM AT THE INN! DONT BOTHER TRYING TO JOIN AGAIN! THERE IS NO QUEUE FOR YOU TO WAIT IN! DO NOT PUT US IN AS A FAVORITE!

Will someone responsible please fix this issue.

Re: Public access to server when full

Although I stand to be corrected I believe the 2 spots are required for the kick scripts to work correctly.

I don't think this is a simple issue of an oversight which is easily fixed. It comes down to a decision between having kick scripts or a queue, my understanding is you can't have both.

Comment

I'm guessing that Admins can manually remove people from our server or change the order of people in queues. If that's so, then we should let the admins kick people for supporting members to enter, if the server is FULL (32/32). Just a thought.

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Comment

I think most people prefer to be able to utilize the reserved slot system without finding an admin. Manual kicking also uses up a lot of admin time and once admin time runs out for the night you can't refill it.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

If you want to use your alternate solider on the server, just take a few seconds and just switch it with your regular solider name in your profile.

The extra two slots (full at 30/32) operates just like it did in 2142.

Comment

Ya the biggest flaw in the current TG kick system is that there is no "que" system. After being kicked from the server you have to do one of 2 things...

-Have the patience to click the refresh/search on your Fav page to see when it goes 29 players or lower...
            -Have someone tell you when the round is over or when a spot is open...

Most players (as far as those who frequent the TG server) go with option 1 and some (mostly TG members themselves) will do 1 but also 2. The longest I have personally tried option one was 2-5mins... any longer seemed tiresome and a waste of time with all the continuous clicking.

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            Although I stand to be corrected I believe the 2 spots are required for the kick scripts to work correctly. Idk how the one TG uses works in detail tho....

I don't think this is a simple issue of an oversight which is easily fixed. It comes down to a decision between having kick scripts or a queue, my understanding is you can't have both.
            Is that really true? You need open slots for it to work? I've seen scripts in other FPS that work in full servers.

Originally posted by Cattley View Post
            I'm guessing that Admins can manually remove people from our server or change the order of people in queues. If that's so, then we should let the admins kick people for supporting members to enter, if the server is FULL (32/32). Just a thought.
            I semi-agree... Like what has been posted that admins like other people have limited time to do what they must but I still like the idea of them opening up the server to 32 and them manually kicking when needed. I do see admins on for the most part specially during peak server times for TG. Can we have an admin reply to this tho? Feedback would be great...

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
              If you want to use your alternate solider on the server, just take a few seconds and just switch it with your regular solider name in your profile.
              That was not the point of this thread. I was concerned with how others view our server.

We had the queue system in effect a couple of months ago and I didn't mind waiting my turn to get in. I rarely asked an Admin type to get me in and yes I'm a supporting member so I dont get kicked when server is full.

Comment

Considering we have a 42 page "New to TG server" thread, I don't think the SM script is stopping many people from coming.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                  Considering we have a 42 page "New to TG server" thread, I don't think the SM script is stopping many people from coming.
                  When you actually compare that to how many people "try" out the server its not much... If you got people who try or use the server to actually take a poll or ask them in-game the opinions are pretty much unison.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                    That was not the point of this thread. I was concerned with how others view our server.

We had the queue system in effect a couple of months ago and I didn't mind waiting my turn to get in. I rarely asked an Admin type to get me in and yes I'm a supporting member so I dont get kicked when server is full.
                    Sorry if I misinterpreted that Gunney.

Just keep in mind, kicking for slots does take time. And a manual kick from an admin is never impartial and "fair" like a kick from a script. If you can remember, there was a period in which the scripts were broken. Although the admins try our best to be around, I'll admit that we aren't always here. While some may not mind waiting for a slot on the server, I'm sure that there are also some that love having an instant reserve slot.

I'll be honest; I don't deal directly with the scripts. That programming stuff goes way over my head. However, if this is your concern, I would consider posting in the Contact an Admin fourm to get the attention of those that do.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                      While some may not mind waiting for a slot on the server, I'm sure that there are also some that love having an instant reserve slot.
                      Some of these young guys like to have instant gratifacation while older guys like me like take our time.

;)

Comment

These two open slots are not unique to BC2. BF2 servers, our POE Server, and PR server were "full" at 62. Not sure if 2142 scripts worked that way too, but considering how similar the admin tools were, I'd imagine so.
                        Skud

Comment

Yea 2142 worked the same way, I guess I'm a bit biased because for the long period where I was not an SM and not even signed up at this site, the 2142 server had died down some so I was rarely kicked or had to wait for it to open. With only 32 players on a server in BC2, it could be more of a pain in the but to try to get in without the script.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

It drives me nuts. I would rather see the server be '34' slots with 2 open so everyone can play. Being only 30 players really makes things tough when a majority of the players in the server are TG with or without tags. It is hard to find new players. Spreading things out over the other servers to balance the 'TG' players would help bring more into the fold but nobody wants to miss out on a hot game to go wait in a server by themselves for 30min or more for things to pick up.

I totally get the SM system and it is the best solution available at this time but I wish there was another way. BF3 with 64 slots will help a lot here IMO.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

What kick script are you running? I know lots of other servers that can kick for a reserved slot even when full @ 32. I've never heard of having to have 30/32 before. I'll try and ask what scripts they use.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X