My first (but very late) impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first (but very late) impressions

So I spent my first night with the game. I like the atmosphere a lot...which I feel odd saying for a multiplayer FPS. Everything feels very chaotic, but a good battle chaotic as opposed to a random headless chicken chaotic. Although being new to everything I felt like the chicken most of the night.

I however was a little disappointed at the lack of team play which I was really expecting. That is one of the main reasons I got the game was to get some nice team coordinated action. This seems to be no fault of the players but rather the lack of in game VOIP. There were a couple matches where the Teamspeak channel provided some nice team work. But that was like 3 people out of a whole team. Then at the end of the night I could not find a single person on my team that was on team speak. The game lost a lot of fun at that point :(

Re: My first (but very late) impressions

Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
    I however was a little disappointed at the lack of team play which I was really expecting. That is one of the main reasons I got the game was to get some nice team coordinated action. This seems to be no fault of the players but rather the lack of in game VOIP. There were a couple matches where the Teamspeak channel provided some nice team work. But that was like 3 people out of a whole team. Then at the end of the night I could not find a single person on my team that was on team speak. The game lost a lot of fun at that point :(
    Indeed, having squad members on Teamspeak makes all the difference. The level of team play varies greatly squad to squad. After a few nights you will have a good idea of who the teamplayers are. There can be very high levels of teamplay in BC2, and there are many styles of teamplay, many styles of squad leading.

Persist, and return to the forums if you have trouble finding what you are looking for -- it may be closer than you think.
    sigpic

Comment

TS gets like that some times, but on a good night (atleast 3-4 times a week) you will have about 10 people on each team in TS.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Well that is good to know it is not always like this and it is understandable that it gets like this sometimes.

E-Male you mentioned squad leaders, but there are not really in game. So does someone just pick up the role?

Also it seems like on TS you have to choose between being in a squad channel or team channel. So if you are in a squad you cannot hear the rest of your team and if you are in a team channel you cannot have the control of a squad channel.

Comment

Grab a few people and take charge. Never hurts to come into TS and say "Hey, lets make a full TG squad, join delta." Get some TG in there and start calling shots. It's your job at that point to pull people back into the action. In BC2 it's easy to see shiny and run away from your squad chasing a juicy kill.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
            Well that is good to know it is not always like this and it is understandable that it gets like this sometimes.

E-Male you mentioned squad leaders, but there are not really in game. So does someone just pick up the role?

Also it seems like on TS you have to choose between being in a squad channel or team channel. So if you are in a squad you cannot hear the rest of your team and if you are in a team channel you cannot have the control of a squad channel.
            Yes, just ask if anyone already is squad leading. If not, simply declare yourself the leader -- others will follow, dissenters will politely leave.

Team or squad channel is a much debated personal choice here. There are occasions and justifications for both types of channel, but any serious squad leading will require the use of a dedicated teamspeak channel.

You can enter into the team channel, announce your intention to start a squad, and ask those who would join you to hope into another ts channel.

Welcome to TG and please enjoy repeatedly fragging me.

You will.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...