Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Hours of BC2

Long time no see, fellow TGers...

I waited out BC2, and finally picked it up when it went on a crazy sale over the holidays. Judging by how long 2142 lasted with full servers, I was hoping that TG would still be going strong with this title. Glad to see that it is.

Unfortunately, with the 5 or so hours I've spent with BC2, I have to say... I really don't like it. In fact, I almost feel entirely guilty for spending the $14 on it, that I did. Now, BF2 was fun, and I gave PR a try. While ultimately those titles didn't last me long since I didn't find them nearly as fun or interesting, I still appreciated the fact that they simply weren't my kind of game. I admit, I do hold this game up in comparison to 2142 somewhat. However, I have played plenty of other titles like Call of Duty and such.

Typical gameplay of BC2, even on TG's servers... makes me feel like I've stepped into a Deathmatch round of UnReal Tournament. But with far more distractions, far less making sense, and complete and total chaos. With or without decent squads. Same goes for Vietnam; in fact, I like Vietnam even LESS than Vanilla.

Sad times. Maybe I'll see you TGers in BF3, heh... until then, I'll continue to give BC2 a chance when I can. But I find that at this point, I can't play more than 15 minutes before just shutting it off out of frustration.

-S
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Re: 5 Hours of BC2

You should definitely try and join our Team-Speak Channel and game with us. At first, BC2 can indeed be frustrating, but teamwork will keep you going - I assure you that. :)

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Comment

Well 2142 is getting patched this Tuesday (as long as DICE is actually telling the truth this time) so I would expect a fair influx of new/old players back there.
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I'm with you on BC2, but it will grow on you. I went back and played 2142 and I felt like everything was in slow motion by comparison.

Comment

BC2 just isn't as good as 2142 so if that's what you are expecting I am afraid it will fall short. Its not bad, and has the best TG population currently for it though, teamwork is really hit and miss with it though, more miss than hit I'd say.

As Reaper said 2142 might be making a bit of a come back, but I have a feeling it would be for more than a month or so (similar to Viatnam).

Remember there is always BF3 =)

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            teamwork is really hit and miss with it though, more miss than hit I'd say.

Indeed, the game is pretty much what you make of it. Here is what I find in BC2 vis a vis teamwork:

sigpic

Comment

49 minutes of video is a little much, how about you make a 5 minute cut together.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Invasion by video :)
                I though the UN was a peace keeping organization.
                "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                  49 minutes of video is a little much, how about you make a 5 minute cut together.
                  Cinematic blasphemy! Did Coppola make The Godfather, I, II, & III a five minute film?

What would Apocalypse Now be like in just five minute?

The horror, the horror.

:)
                  sigpic

Comment

Fair enough. Interesting that 2142 is getting a patch, though wasn't it getting a patch quite a while ago? :)

As I said, I will continue to keep trying... but in 5 hours it hasn't really pulled me in. If a game doesn't have the ability to captivate you within the first few minutes; I mean that's what developers usually try to go for.
                    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

The patch was in beta for an eternity...but apparently it will be released tomorrow

Comment

BC2 and Advanced Team Play

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                        If a game doesn't have the ability to captivate you within the first few minutes; I mean that's what developers usually try to go for.
                        I cannot argue against your experience, and I certainly am aware of the limitations of BC2. The one thing that redeems it for me has little to do with the game designers. What makes this game special is the place wherein it is played. Tactical Gamer is filled with many expert-level team players.

I am always amazed at how often someone will drop into my squad, frequently a TG member new to me, and be ready and willing to play as team, patiently following my orders, and know the ins and outs of advanced team play in military FPS.

I know I am not telling you anything you do not already know, as I see you have been a member since 2008.

Still, TG:

Tactical Gamer
                        Team Guys (and Gals)
                        sigpic

Comment

BC2 can be a great tactical game Spu, it's just not most of the time. A typical example of squad makeup during my brief stint with BC2 was, a pubber not in TS, a dude with no mike, and a guy who preferred to sit in an IHS TS channel in an attempt to be an extension of an already full squad. Which pretty much brings teamwork to zero. Also there's the fact that there is no squad leader in this type of squad to give orders, only polite Q-suggestions.

No matter how much someone tries to say how TS is a replacement for in-game VOIP, it's just not...period. <---Not an opinion, but a fact, no matter how much anyone tries to say that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            No matter how much someone tries to say how TS is a replacement for in-game VOIP it's just not...period.
                            Opinions vary. Period.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                              No matter how much someone tries to say how TS is a replacement for in-game VOIP, it's just not...period..
                              Period period.
                              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...