Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i suck at this game or am i playing it wrong

Hello guys,
    Im Shifty.P ive played bf2142 a few years ago with TG for about 3 years. After 3 years of being gone, ive come back and started playing bf bc 2 today. When I played 2142, i had a K/D of 30:1 with the bianchi lmg. But it seems like its alot harder to get a good k/d on bc2 im lvl 2 and now my kd is like 1.3 Also, i checked the TG server on bc2 today but it was empty. Is there another TG server you guys play on?
    GO MANCHESTER UNITED ALL THE WAY!
    HAIL CRISTIANO RONALDO
    in game name= TG Shifty.P
    2nd in the US with bianchi lmg for most kills
    7th in the world with Bianchi LMG for most kills
    K/D of 31/1 with bianchi
    LYra=stop aimbotting shifty

Re: do i suck at this game or am i playing it wrong

Server is usually active between 4PM - 10PM PST. Some others frequent servers together when the server is not active yet. Just hit people up on TS that is on the BC2 channels.

Comment

Also check the IHS channels. Sometimes you'll find some people playing BC2 on them.

As for your difficulty with BC2; sometimes it takes a bit to adjust.

CAT

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Comment

When first starting out in BC2 as a newbie or a returning vet of past BF games or any FPS, having a +KD is quite impressive considering the style of game play that BC2 is based on. It is a much faster paced game than the past BF titles, but it is a console port over to PC so it's a very intense run and gun game. You learn quick, and personally I never had a + KD in BC2 until I reached rank 35ish. Not that I really care about my KDr its meh whatever but with time you get used to the style and pace of the game and you will see stats and teamwork improve greatly with time :D

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Something else to keep in mind is that revives do not affect your death count. Comparing KDR one for one to what you're used to from 2142 will have you wondering why you're suddenly doing so horribly.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
          --BlackMirror
          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
          --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
            Something else to keep in mind is that revives do not affect your death count. Comparing KDR one for one to what you're used to from 2142 will have you wondering why you're suddenly doing so horribly.
            I believe they changed it so that it does now... need feedback on that from a main medic since I don't play the class as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenchi View Post
              I believe they changed it so that it does now... need feedback on that from a main medic since I don't play the class as much.
              That has never been changed. A death is a death in BC2. No one I know has a KDR over 2.0.

Comment

KDR doesn't mean anything in this game anyways. You could play sniper, sit in the back far away from any real danger and amass a high KDR while accomplishing little for your team. This game, like any other, simply requires experience and reps to get better. The better weapons and attachments aren't available to you yet, you're not familiar with the weapons and their nuances yet, you don't know the maps well and to top it all off, most of the people you play against have been playing this game for a year now. Keep playing and look for us on the TG server!
                "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

30:1? That's insane, I thought mine was good at 2.32:1. Anyhow, BC2 is not as forgiving as 2142, the bullets will kill you so get into the habit of using cover a lot more frequently, that will help. I have been going back and forth between 2142 and BC2 and the BC2 game play is just much faster and that can be difficult in and of itself. I also think, at least for myself that knowing the maps is the most important thing you can do.

Comment

Ya knowing the map is VERY important.

Also using a class + weapon that you are good at helps also (remember when firing any auto weapon that to fire it in burst... otherwise it becomes very inaccurate at different ranges).

Whenever you are playing just be attentive to how some of the higher ranked players on your side play and move. It will give you an insight to what works and not in different maps.

Also check out the tactics forum for BC2 above. Some useful info there...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X