BC2 Team Events?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 Team Events?

I was wondering if we could produce a small scale scrim for BC2.

Sniper Wars, Armour Wars, Blade Wars Individual, Blade Wars Team, Helo Wars, etc.

I would be fun :)

Re: BC2 Team Events?

Like IHS vs IHS :)

Comment

If you guys have anything specific please use the CAA forum.

This is a great idea, lets get some brainstorming going.

As far as IHS vs IHS, I have done this in the past with other titles and it only resulted in lots of heartbreak - we could do pick'em teams. That works much better. Polarizing and pitting IHS' against eachother sounds friendly, but in practice, gets ugly.

Use your imaginations guys. If you think we could have an event, make an idea and pitch it to the Admins. Of course, you can discuss the idea here first to get some input from others first :)
      Skud

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but the last pickem scrim we did was back in 2142 just over a year ago?

I think a BC2 Pick'em Scrim would be a great idea! Also we could tweek it and have the 2 teams make 2 different sets of teams. Play 1 map 2 rounds, then scramble the teams up and play teh 2nd map 2 rounds with the new teams. It would get everyone to play with and against each other and really see just how well we can ALL work together as a team. Just a thought.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

We don't need to do a scrim for a pickem night. We do pick'em nights in Project Reality every few weeks. Just pick 2 captains, put a pw on the server, and pick people from TS3.
          We can just set a date and let people know :)
          Skud

Comment

will this be open to any TG members or just IHS

Comment

Any.
              Skud

Comment

So I've been mulling over this for a little bit tonight:

Everyone - use your imagination!

Attack of the Dentists - This is like the old "Zombies" custom game type from Halo 2 back in the day. X number of people start out as engineers only allowed to use their repair tools. The "Survivors" are only allowed to use a certain pistol (to be somewhat balanced, I think the Wrex would be awesome). The Dentists try to kill patients. When patients are killed by a repair tool, they become dentists. Example: 10 survivors at start, 2 Dentist drillers. The Patients would have to use an agreed pistol only, no knife, no healing (maybe do hardcore?), limited area of the map, limited to Recon so they can't heal or gain ammo... No perks, of course. Limited ammo would make things really hectic. Headshots everyone!

The Hunted - This is an old PR event where players would have to try and hunt down one player (usually an admin or GO). Small teams. Relatively short rounds. Limited equipment. Try and see which players can survive the longest on the clock. Would have to find suitable maps for this...

Let me know what you guys think. I think both could have some hilarious videos and commentary. Shoutcasting anyone?!

"And it's down to Project and Skud! Skud looking left. Project looking at the stairs. THREE DENTISTS COMING UP THE STAIRS. PROJECT OPENS FIRE. HE MISSES, HE'S TERRIBLE. SKUD DIVING OUT THE WINDOW. HE'S GOTTA BE LOW ON AMMO. THEY'RE SPLIT UP! OH NO - SKUD ROUNDING A CORNER, AND IS DRILLED IN THE FACE. PROJECT FREAKING OUT. RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE. HE'S REALLY TERRIBLE AND STANDS LITTLE CHANCE.

Oh. He's dead."
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  So I've been mulling over this for a little bit tonight:

Everyone - use your imagination!

Attack of the Dentists - This is like the old "Zombies" custom game type from Halo 2 back in the day. X number of people start out as engineers only allowed to use their repair tools. The "Survivors" are only allowed to use a certain pistol (to be somewhat balanced, I think the Wrex would be awesome). The Dentists try to kill patients. When patients are killed by a repair tool, they become dentists. Example: 10 survivors at start, 2 Dentist drillers. The Patients would have to use an agreed pistol only, no knife, no healing (maybe do hardcore?), limited area of the map, limited to Recon so they can't heal or gain ammo... No perks, of course. Limited ammo would make things really hectic. Headshots everyone!

The Hunted - This is an old PR event where players would have to try and hunt down one player (usually an admin or GO). Small teams. Relatively short rounds. Limited equipment. Try and see which players can survive the longest on the clock. Would have to find suitable maps for this...

Let me know what you guys think. I think both could have some hilarious videos and commentary. Shoutcasting anyone?!

"And it's down to Project and Skud! Skud looking left. Project looking at the stairs. THREE DENTISTS COMING UP THE STAIRS. PROJECT OPENS FIRE. HE MISSES, HE'S TERRIBLE. SKUD DIVING OUT THE WINDOW. HE'S GOTTA BE LOW ON AMMO. THEY'RE SPLIT UP! OH NO - SKUD ROUNDING A CORNER, AND IS DRILLED IN THE FACE. PROJECT FREAKING OUT. RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE. HE'S REALLY TERRIBLE AND STANDS LITTLE CHANCE.

Oh. He's dead."
                  Now its either lack of sleep due to my 1 week old daughter keepign me up all hours of the day and night... but that dentists idea sounds absolutely EPIC!

Also a pick'em night say ounce a month or something sounds fun. No need to do an all out scrim. Maybe the 3rd saturday or sunday of each month. Probably not saturday or friday as if the server were passworded for a set period of time it could hurt the flow of public players who happen to stumble apon our server by chance or those who are more or less regulars but are not signed up on the forums.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

:D I love you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                      Oh. He's dead.
                      (sniff) Project is dead. (sniff) Gunney likes happy endings!

Comment

Originally posted by Belander View Post
                        Correct me if I am wrong but the last pickem scrim we did was back in 2142 just over a year ago?
                        There was a BC2 pick-em scrim back in May.

Depending on availability, I'm interested in any type of scrim.

Comment

This would be awesome.
                          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Aye it would be Vinman!

Comment

Any scrim would be really nice for BC2... we need em and alot of people want em! ^_^

We need someone setting these things up tho...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X