Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Tidbits from The World

Interview about the Rebels liberating Ajdabiyah from Gaddafi

I heard this on The World (NPR radio) today and it reminded me of why Iím joining TG. I took the liberty of transcribing some of it for you guys. You can listen to the full report here: Aftermath of Air Strikes in Libya

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mullins:
    Tell us ... how well fortified these Rebel fighters are and who they are.

McGreal:
    ... Rebel fighters are anybody who's been able to lay their hands on a gun, or sometimes just a bayonet.

... This Citizen's Army ... it's in many ways very ill-disciplined, not prone to take orders.

... I witnessed only yesterday ... an incident in which after a bombing raid by Allied Aircraft on the edge of Ajdabiyah, this rag-tag army presumed that all of Gaddafiís tanks and guns had been knocked out by that air strike. So, they jumped into their pickup trucks mounted with machine guns, and took off down the road, thinking that they were going to have an easy time of it.

And then a rain of shells came down on them. And they turned around and tore away, did U-turns, rushed across the desert, however they could get away from this rain of shells.

Eight of them were killed, and the whole thing broke down in disarray, and the front line was then forced back effectively by about five miles.

Mullins:
    ... The rebels apparently have a tough time communicating with one another, in part because the cell coverage is so difficult. So how do they communicate?

McGreal:
    That is an issue. They don't seem to have (most of them) hand-held radios, so it's all very much word-of-mouth. And in fact, that leads to exactly the problem that we faced yesterday, which is:

A cry goes up of "Charge!" and it spreads back along the lines, and these guys leap into their pickup trucks, and head down, without really knowing at all how whatever it is they're doing is supposed to be conducted.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you on the Battlefield,

-SloMoHolic

Re: Tactical Tidbits from The World

Tonight was kinda fun. Caught maybe the last real TG battle. Then, as we relaxed comms and killed some time, I played some 4v4 and 2v2. But without the leadership, I felt like these Rebels. Just charging ahead without a plan. It was especially hard when it was me and a "Pubbie" (did I use the term correctly?) vs three TG's. Still had fun, and learned a lot, but it was difficult for sure! OMG this sounds like a blog now. G'night all, see you next time.

-SloMoHolic

Comment

Originally posted by SloMoHolic View Post
      Tonight was kinda fun. Caught maybe the last real TG battle. . . . But without the leadership, I felt like these Rebels. Just charging ahead without a plan.
      -SloMoHolic
      There is plenty of leadership in TG and even in BC2. I'm sure you'll encounter some great teamwork and exceptional squad leaders soon enough.

Welcome to TG!
      sigpic

Comment

I certainly didn't mean to imply that there was a lack of leadership at TG - quite the opposite.

I hope [TG-UN] thrives - I've been very impressed by the leadership and philosophy in your posts and videos. I'm also intrigued by your study of gaming culture. I look forward to reading more about what you've learned.

-SloMoHolic

Comment

Indeed, I n=did not mean to imply that you were slighting the TG community -- just alerting you to the many great leaders and team players that you will encounter here!

TG-UN is still in the recuitment phase, which is fine as I am in the middle of a busy semester. It is a long term thing, as I've been gaming for thirty years and will likely be gaming for a few more decades . . .

Be well!
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...