Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Feedback requested: Map Rotation, Settings, and anything else

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    Some players already complain about having to play Rush as Attackers and then Defenders. They may have ADD or whatever, but I'm just mentioning that some players already think we spend too much time on one map... (20 mins, lol)
    When you play on the server for a couple of hours, generally it will feel as though your time on the server was dominated by rush. Any given map of conquest is only played for one round and has a lifespan of 150 tickets for each team (i might be off with this number but it's something like that). Any given map of rush will be played for not only 2 rounds, but each round could go on for multiple stages. Let's say you play Valparaiso (great map btw) and both sides make it to the 3rd or 4th set of objectives. You could easily end up spending an hour or more on that one map, but then the following conquest map lasts only 20 minutes. I for one would like to see at least a slight change that balances the server a little better. All it would take is simply increasing some of the ticket counts on the conquest maps.
    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Re: Community Feedback Requested: Port Valdez - Conquest

Noted.
    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
      When you play on the server for a couple of hours, generally it will feel as though your time on the server was dominated by rush. Any given map of conquest is only played for one round and has a lifespan of 150 tickets for each team (i might be off with this number but it's something like that). Any given map of rush will be played for not only 2 rounds, but each round could go on for multiple stages. Let's say you play Valparaiso (great map btw) and both sides make it to the 3rd or 4th set of objectives. You could easily end up spending an hour or more on that one map, but then the following conquest map lasts only 20 minutes. I for one would like to see at least a slight change that balances the server a little better. All it would take is simply increasing some of the ticket counts on the conquest maps.
      I would like this as well.
      Aliases - BF2142: A_Dead_Duck
      - BFBC2: A_Dead_Duck
      - BF3: Shade54

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
        Any given map of rush will be played for not only 2 rounds, but each round could go on for multiple stages. Let's say you play Valparaiso (great map btw) and both sides make it to the 3rd or 4th set of objectives. You could easily end up spending an hour or more on that one map, but then the following conquest map lasts only 20 minutes. I for one would like to see at least a slight change that balances the server a little better. All it would take is simply increasing some of the ticket counts on the conquest maps.
        I concur, though I'd prefer to see more conquest maps inserted into the rotation (even if it's just a side reversal on the same Conquest map) rather than adjusting ticket counts.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
        --BlackMirror
        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
        --Blackraven93

Comment

Is it possible to add a particular conquest map twice, but not back to back? It gets slightly repetitive to play the same conquest map back to back, but if you play the same map (as a different side, preferably) 2 or 3 rounds later, it adds more flavor to avoid repetition.

An example would be:
          Arica Harbor Conquest
          Valparaiso Rush
          Valparaiso Rush (teams switched)
          Oasis Conquest
          Arica Harbor Conquest (teams switched)
          Nelson Bay Rush
          Nelson Bay Rush (teams switched)
          Oasis Conquest (teams switched)
          ... etc

Comment

Re: Community Feedback requested: Map Rotation, and anything else

/forked general conquest/map-mix discussion to new thread

Comment

Re: Community Feedback requested: Map Rotation, and anything else

(samirnew2142) I say 2 conquest maps followed by one rush map played twice (as attacker then defender) would be an improvement over the current setup.

Comment

Re: Community Feedback requested: Map Rotation, Settings, and anything else

I think it would be fun to have more conquest map rotations added into the fray, but only maybe a small increase in tickets. I do feel that the server is dominated by rush with what only feels like a bit of conquest in between. I think that the game time (NOTE: not amount of maps but the time spent playing them) should be in a 2:1 ratio of conquest:rush.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

More Conquest less Rush please.
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with having more conquest maps in the rotation.

I would like vanilla server settings to keep the server populated early evenings, as it is now I see more TG players on the big E servers than the TG server. I know this has allready been discussed, but that is my feedback.

*runs for cover*
                    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

TG will never make server adjustments simply based on being more "popular"

If TG people want the server more populated, the solution rests in seeding and having a proper attitude on the server. That is all the ever has, or ever will, come down to.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                        Is it possible to add a particular conquest map twice, but not back to back? It gets slightly repetitive to play the same conquest map back to back, but if you play the same map (as a different side, preferably) 2 or 3 rounds later, it adds more flavor to avoid repetition.

An example would be:
                        Arica Harbor Conquest
                        Valparaiso Rush
                        Valparaiso Rush (teams switched)
                        Oasis Conquest
                        Arica Harbor Conquest (teams switched)
                        Nelson Bay Rush
                        Nelson Bay Rush (teams switched)
                        Oasis Conquest (teams switched)
                        ... etc
                        i like this idea
                        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Sadly, I had to re-read my idea in your quote, to which I thought, "hey that was a good idea!"

Comment

Server suggestion: can we have a kick script that works consistently?

Comment

Scripts are automated, and don't always work. Admins, however...
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X