Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A much needed reminder for those who run servers where people pay for member slots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A much needed reminder for those who run servers where people pay for member slots.

This is a request. Please have this written in your little box at the beginning of the game.

"WARNING: YOU MAY GET KICKED AT ANY TIME BECAUSE WE SELL MEMBER SLOTS"

Please have this written so I can choose to avoid your server if it's a busy night like tonight. Because otherwise getting kicked when you are playing one of your best games and are in the top two slots for someone who "paid" for a slot is complete bull, especially when its close to the end of the match. MOST CERTAINLY WHEN IT'S CLOSE TO THE END OF A MATCH. It's blindsiding and rather rude and unprofessional that you would not inform the player of this possibility. If you did inform the player in game, I do apologize, however I did not see it as I was going in. And this game was so fast paced there was no time at all to look in the corner to see what messages the server was sending out.

Oh, and if you have paid for a slot on a server, good for you. Just remember you are kicking someone who is most likely having a good game and I hope you at least feel sorry about that.

We ALL paid for the game people at tacticalgamer.com

Please let us know in the little blurb at the beginning if others have paid for special privileges and if you may suffer consequences because of that. It's courteous to say the least. Oh, and thanks for ruining my night, I'm done with BC2 for now. I was so invested in that game and it's just so devastating to be kicked.

Re: A much needed reminder for those who run servers where people pay for member slot

Hi there. First of all, I think you're taking this a little personal. The server kicks on a script, the admins do not remove players. It kicks the longest playing non supporting member to make room for a supporting member. Note that a supporting member is someone who pays 8 dollars (IIRC) a month in support of TG. All TG members are not supporting members. You are being treated exactly the way we treat anyone who is not an SM. This includes many well loved and respected TG members. You were not being singled out because of your score or anything else. You were simply the player who had been on the server the longest and was not an SM.

We hope you'll come back and play with us again.

Comment

Re: A much needed reminder for those who run servers where people pay for member slot

Good answer Britt. i've been kicked for supporting memberships to Kbilly. Sometimes like you I was at a crucial part of the battle then it says SUSHI-SACHA111 'Supporting Membership' and i'm gone but you have to understand that as britt said you are not bein singled out. The best thing to do is just try and get back into the server and start enjoying yourself again

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Hey kbilly! Thanks for taking the time to stop in and give feed-back! The admin team will give your [good] suggestion fair consideration!

I know it's not much solace at this point, but be aware that I, and everyone else that decided to support TG financially, had the same experience as you. :D

Comment

Well I have to say thank you for the positive feedback. For the first poster, yeah I did take it kind of personally. I have been having a rough few weeks with bad company 2 and this was sort of the icing on the cake. I had some lag issued a few weeks ago, then I could not find any servers for a while, I played on a 1000 tick server only to have my internet time out around the 200 tick part. And that was 7 vs 7 on Heavy Metal. (It was an hour game at that point). So I started to have some anxiety about playing and finishing epic matches. Last night, my computer froze, actually froze on me for the first time ever in a game. I just was hoping and praying to have a full game played. So when I was playing one of my best games with a squad that actually knew what the heck they were doing (TG is awesome) it was just devastating for me. Which lead me to my plea about a warning or something before you play. I have been informed this actually happens in a lot of servers, but that I just haven't had it happen to me very often for whatever reason. Anyway...

I thank all of you for your help and feedback and will keep in mind this system you have in play for future reference. I will definitely check out your server in the future again. Cheers,

kbilly

Comment

kbilly, thanks indeed for speaking up. Britt said it best, do not take it personally. Get in Teamspeak. Often players (non supporting members) get kicked, then alert their squad of this, and when and if they rejoin later on in the evening the squad welcomes them back.

Many players at TG (not myself) are expert-level gamers, so expect to have intense competition for the top slots! Looking forward to seeing you in-game.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey kbilly, as a new member I feel your pain. The whole reason I became a SM was for because the same thing kept happening when I would join the TG server. I finally decided (after only a few visits) that I would rather support an awesome community and have a guaranteed good time. Best 8 bucks a month I spend. Everybody here is great to play with, look forward to seeing you in game soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                Best 8 bucks a month I spend.
                yep - I've always thought of it like buying a round of beers for a couple buds...

Comment

W6....8 bucks for a round of beers? That's like for you and one other person around here.

Where do you live :)

Peace,

-Badger

Comment

Originally posted by xBadger View Post
                    W6....8 bucks for a round of beers? That's like for you and one other person around here.

Peace,

-Badger

hahaha... ok, yeah... so it's more like buying a round once a year :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by xBadger View Post

Peace,

-Badger
                      W6 must drink Natty Ice. :)
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I always feel a tingle up my spine when I see Apophis speak!

;-)
                        sigpic

Comment

He chimes in on the really important topics : )

Comment

Beer IS an important topic!
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                              W6 must drink Natty Ice. :)
                              hahahah close ;)

been drinking this lately:

$5.50 for a six pack of bottles = win

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse