• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon unock available for all kits!!

ITS CALLED TEAMSPEAK!!! GET ON IT!!!

<admin_hat_off>
    <rant>

You know why one team gets rolled 7 maps in a row? It's not because they're bad shots; the skill difference between the average and the best twitch/aim/SA is notable, but not ridiculous. One team wins consistently because that team has more intel!

In this game, whether rush or conquest, attacking or defending, intel is king. The game moves fast, and to win, a team needs to be cohesive and react quickly to attacks and holes in defenses. There's no CO or SL or VOIP to make that happen, so you have to get by with limited in-game tools (spotting and motion-balls), and TeamSpeak. If one team is using both those things, and the other isn't? Guess what happens?

When I see Rogue, or Britt, or CHEB, or voodoo, or a bunch of others on, I know their team is going to have a good chance... BECAUSE THEY TALK. "Heavy push on A", "Boat just emptied by Charlie", "Tons of them at B, go for A, go for A!!", "Going to arm B, cover it", "Bradley's darted", "No, A's clear, it's good".... etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

It's like they say in politics, if you don't vote, you don't get to complain.

If you're not on TS [or if you are, but you aren't talking], then expect to loose 7 maps in a row... and when you do, I don't want to hear about it!

:icon18:
    </rant>
    </admin_hat_off>

Re: Recon unock available for all kits!!

Nice rant! As a newcomer to TS (and playing in a community) playing on the same side as those aforementioned players gives a definite sense of teamwork. You've given a good reminder that we all need to communicate to make our team more effective, and not to whine about it when we sit quietly in channel and wonder why we are getting pwned.
    sigpic

Comment

Whiskey, you hit the nail on the head. When I am in channel and my team is complaining about getting owned but no one actually talking in TS except for complaining, I am thinking the same thing. Thanks for putting it into words for me. =D
      Aliases - BF2142: A_Dead_Duck
      - BFBC2: A_Dead_Duck
      - BF3: Shade54

Comment

Good points, but its preaching to the choir....almost everybody that reads this forum are also regularly in TS and try to use it.

Unfortunately its the masses that don't use TS which need to hear this the most, which aren't found here.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
          Good points, but its preaching to the choir....almost everybody that reads this forum are also regularly in TS and try to use it. <snip>
          Have to respectfully disagree with you there :) Although, maybe we're just using different definitions for "trying to use it". On any given night, there aren't more than 2 or 3 or maybe 4 voices on TS... yet there are often twice that many in channel, and twice THAT many on the team.

Look, I get it. Sometimes I don't talk either... house is too quiet, i've had a long day, mic isn't working... whatever.... I get it. It's not a rule to be on TS because it's not required. It just helps. A lot. If your team isn't having any luck, instead of saying F-it and going sniper (yes I've done that too), start talking... it feels like you're talking to yourself at first, but then people catch on and start talking too. (Worked the same way in BF2/2142... you start using VOIP a lot and everyone else picks it up too)

I also remember being new to TG and being a little unsure of myself... what to say? what to not say? I get that too. Of course, that's an easy one... to start, just tell me where the bad guys are!

Comment

Nice point and post. The side that talks usually has a far better chance at winning.

However, given that TS3 is now tied to the forums here, how easy is it for the possibly teamwork-challenged player to get into our TS3 channels? I had trouble getting into TS3, and even finding the correct post with the instructions, and I've been at TG for around 5 years now.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Correction.. 4 years. Jan 2007.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Yeah, hear ya on that one dog. It's definitely something the admin team has been working at. (I had the same troubles as you).

Hopefully the updated directions in the sticky here (and in the "default channel" description on TS3) make it a lot easer than it was just a few weeks ago.

Comment

I can't agree more. Sunday night the server was full and I was on the team that was getting rolled. I was the only person on our team in TS. I was getting very frustrated that we could not do anything to stop the other team. Who, btw, were all in TS.

Also, our team had 3 squads of 1 person each, 2 squads with 2 people, and 1 squad that was full. The two squads that had 2 people in them were locked. You will not win with a team like that.

Comment

While I agree, I have to point a few things out...

1. Not everything needs to be said on teamspeak. Good players do pay attention to the text on screen!
                    2. It is possible to give too much information. Teams need to know about important events, not every single event.
                    3. If I hear complaining from regulars on TS, I'm prone to log off all together. It's really frustrating to hear whining instead of any intellectual thought.
                    Skud

Comment

I agree with skud and whiskey, but you also need tactics. and im not talking about skill battle tactics, I mean using the game design to your advantage. if your team gets rolled on defense, get a strat for the next round and use it. Do things that they wouldnt expect, if you start with armor and fast movers, dont use the armor and get in their face quick. Use the curtain to your advantage. Use the spawning on your squad mates to make a destraction from behind them so your team could move up,(One person can always slip behind even the best team, just dont shoot at people unless they shoot at you).

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                        2. It is possible to give too much information. Teams need to know about important events, not every single event.
                        This is very important, even if the channel is quite do not feel like something needs to be said if it is not actually important. People who simply talk a ton for the heck of talking can be quite frustrating to play in the same channel with.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Must say, it's been impressive to see TS the last few days... had 20+ on over the weekend :)

Heh, of course the down-side to this is it put's the server on 'expert' difficulty - some over-heard venting Saturday night, as our team was getting waxed: "jeeeeez, it seems like wherever we go, there's a bunch of em there waiting for us" ... "well yeah, once one of em see's you, they ALL know you're there!"

:icon14:

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                            This is very important, even if the channel is quite do not feel like something needs to be said if it is not actually important. People who simply talk a ton for the heck of talking can be quite frustrating to play in the same channel with.
                            I miss squad based VOIP. A lot.

Can we maybe spam the TS server address more frequently?

And just a thought, it'd be awesome if we could utilize URL rewrite for basic info to make it easier to find. For example have www.tacticalgamer.com/BC2 redirect to the BC2 forum, or /BC2FAQ redirect to a specific post, /Teamspeak for TS info etc etc etc.

Comment

Well you can use ingame voip and teamspeak

For example use TEamspeak for the Team chatter and Voip in game for the squad chatter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X