Mine failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine failure

I was on a Pub server this morning fooling around with the engineer kit putting out mines which is my favorite thing to do now, and I noticed I was not getting any kills at all during game. Server was (TKC) Clan .... and map was Harvest day (I think). Wide open map with lots of buggies runing around (no tanks). But I got no mine strikes! Is it possible that some servers do not allow mines to be used? I've seen this on occasion and was wondering about this issue.

Re: Mine failure

With such a large map like Harvest Day, there's a strong possibility no one hit those mines. I'm not sure where you laid them, but I rarely see frequently travelled paths. Everyone tends to just drive whatever route they feel like.

Comment

I've had instances of mines not going off, usually as I'm trying to throw them like mad near some tank that is trying to back away from me to bring the main gun to bear on me. I've not run into any instances where a server can set that mines do not work.

Harvest Day/otherwise, I always lay mines on main routes, preferably in holes, or just over crest in a hill - plus various locations in the fields.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Brokeback, you obviously must be walking around alot when I'm an Engineer! I always get lots of kills with my mines! I lay three mines, then look for an ammo guy for more mines then lay more. Every time I re spawn back in I try to lay more mines. They are the gifts that keep on killing! Don't know how many mines each player is allowed to lay on a map. We should do a test sometime. I just know they don't disappear after changing kits. I've seen mines go off long after I've changed kits and forgot about them! loll

Comment

The extended ammo perk gives you up to 5 (or is it 6?) at a time. I don't think you can have more than the total alloted to you placed at any one time.

I do love them so... They are the gift that gives you kills way down the road, sort of a super long Wesley.......Snipes!

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

You can only put down 6 before they start disappearing. So if you put down 6 and then never killed anybody with them and nobody blew yours up on purpose, then you were just replacing your old ones each time you set a new one down.
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Your right again, Voodoo! I did a test and all I could get to stay on the ground was just six (6)! I thought I had dozens of them sitting around! :(

Comment

Mines...on a pub...reminds me of that one pub where their 3-4 members mined our whole uncap, I literally remember crashing 5 buggies over those, that was unbelievable, our guys were either sniping with recon kits or with tanks (new hobby for lonewolfs obviously). If you ask me creating a mine barricade around your whole uncap is the same as shooting into the uncap
                ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

u know one reason you might not have gotten any kills on the pub server is because too many snipers lol. they need to make it so you can lay down 20 claymores on the ground, then u will get tons of kills cause the pub snipers will always run into them no matter what map u play hehe.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X