Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] The Dentists - Friday April 22nd Event

AAR's go here.

First, thank you everyone for making my idea a beautiful success. I wasn't sure how many of you would enjoy it, but with some tweaking, I think we can make this even better. I think we started out with about 12 and got up to 22. Great success!

Post some suggestions to the rules. I have my thoughts below, which will be in the next "version" sometime soon.

While the premise may be silly, there was some serious planning, teamwork, and coordination by many. Don't discredit the possibility of submitting ribbon nominations!

The times:

|TG-21st|Buriu: 15:30
    |TG-21st|seriousturtle: 13:55
    |TG-8th|thedogwarrior: 13:04
    |TG-70th|Abel: 8:30
    |TG|TIG-Kill: 8:11
    |TG|Zenchi: 8:00
    |TG-12th|Project: 7:12

My thoughts:
    -Larger maps will not be played
    -There will be "Dental Techs" on the "Dentist" Team. These "techs" will have some special ability.
    -I think the pistols were perfect.
    -I think Wookie suits were perfect.
    -We may have another Patient class with special ability.
    -These "special abilities" will be a tradeoff, and will be teamwork oriented.
    -This was way more tactical than I ever thought it could be!
    Skud

Re: The Dentists - Friday April 22nd Event

I think this will become a semi-regular team building exercise :)

Tig, while he did in one round, on his second round - he died in the first 10 seconds. Great job.

FEAR THIS!

As for your rewards - sit tight. I may have something cool for you guys in the near future.
    Skud

Comment

why must u tell everyone my time for the second one :/

Comment

Lost connection during the wild chase in the hills and on the beach. :(

For fairness, I would suggest the same map for the evening. Are any custom maps out yet? Need a minimum number of dentists probably. Did anyone do the mine trail through a house? Be cool if there was enough c4 in there as well to take it down :)
        sigpic

Comment

Oh man! That was sooo fun! Thanks for running it Skud!

The zombies (dentists) couldn't sprint, but there was a mob of them. And the survivors (patients) could sprint (with LW pack if desired), so they could easily out-run any one zombie. Picture a bunch of sheep trying to herd the sheepdog :icon_lol:

You couldn't just walk right at the patient, you had to make sure you had them surrounded first - otherwise, the patient would just sprint away from everyone. Truth be told, it took WAY more teamwork to play this than it does to play regular BC2!

Comment

Thanks Skud, that's the most fun I've had playing BC2 (whatever that represents). My wife had to keep asking me what was so funny. The between round stuff was hilarious as well (hopefully EMale got some good footage).

Sorry for my snarky comment on your fabulous run Buriu, I'll call that a Kobe, it was the heat of the moment. You looked awesome running through the high hills.

Looking forward to someone coming up with some other creative 'mods' for the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Spur View Post
              Lost connection during the wild chase in the hills and on the beach. :(

For fairness, I would suggest the same map for the evening. Are any custom maps out yet? Need a minimum number of dentists probably. Did anyone do the mine trail through a house? Be cool if there was enough c4 in there as well to take it down :)
              I think doing a variety of maps, and keeping players and myself even in the dark results a better game. If we play the same map over and over we're going to start seeing the same strategies pop up on the patient team. I want each round to be something exciting.
              Skud

Comment

Sounds like this was a blast, wish I could have been there. Did anyone get video? this sounds like it would be awesome to watch!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TlgKill View Post
                  why must u tell everyone my time for the second one :/
                  haha... cause its funny! Courtesy of Zenchi...

Fear the Repair Tool~ ^_^

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                  Sounds like this was a blast, wish I could have been there. Did anyone get video? this sounds like it would be awesome to watch!
                  I think E-Male was recording or someone was...

So much fun!

Comment

next time we do this ill just grab an assault kit and run around and film the whole thing lol

Comment

I took a BUNCH of screen shots ... only to find out BC2 doesn't take screen shots!! >_<

Comment

here's and short clip on vitamin and his tree at one point it gets kinda hard to see cause of all the blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0cP0TqdNfQ

Comment

The Cluster

Skud

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Since we were referring to this as zombies and survivors, I was thinking survivors should have the I Am Legend option. Self-destruct with a grenade and they get to spawn as survivor again?

This was fun -- Thanks Skud for the idea and great coordination!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X