CO Training -- Reflections 20/05/2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] CO Training -- Reflections 20/05/2011

Stepped up as CO for some command training last night for the 1st section of a map.

Assigned players in Teamspeak to A and B MCOMS, then quickly forgot who was on what.

Note to self: buy pen.

PL_Olstry and Battledragon filled a vital role of C Squad and were ordered to float between the two Mcoms and support as needed.

Olstry and numerous others verbally acknowledged when an order from the CO was received and understood -- an excellent SOP.

The team required very little (if any) further orders after assignments to Alpha and Bravo MCOMs. C squad fulfilled the role of reinforcement without the need for further direction.

In spite of my errors, the team held the MCOMMS and won the round.

Everyone was cooperative and comms were efficient and effectively used.
    sigpic

Re: CO Training -- Reflections 20/05/2011

I have recorded that round, it was interesting experience which reminded me how i miss CO position from previous titles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/plostry?.../0/L3HVn4RZoe0
    sigpic

Comment

Fascinating to see the same battle from another perspective.

Very quickly I was reminded of a few CO basics.

As CO I need to break the team into manageable units -- thus the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie fireteam designations. I cannot command 10 or 16 soldiers individually. I can manage two, three or four fighting units.

My command capability was quickly muted once I lost track of who was in Alpha and Bravo, and as the men were not entirely in corresponding squads (as seen under the BC2 team management screen) I had little hope of rearranging men, in mid fight, into coherent and manageable squads.

Thank heaven I had the presence of mind to create a small Charlie squad (Battledragon and Olstry) to act as floating reinforcements.

Seeing as my COing was not unwelcomed, I shall give it another try (but not too often!).

Next time the critical moment will be right as the next map reloads.

I'll announce my intention to CO the round and request that everyone in Teamspeak form up in coherent squads. As the need arises I will then designate SLs.

This getting-into-squads should be feasible during the 40 seconds (?) we have between rounds and provide the minimum bases for effective command -- clearly identified squads.
      sigpic

Comment

Ostry what TS notification voice do you use? The "User joined your channel" sounded pretty awesome compared to what I usually have.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

This is an excellent video. I would be open to trying this out every night, at least when there are TG members in 2-3 squads- someone just say "I'm going to be CO" and run the show. I really miss the CO-command structure in this game.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X