Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for you snipers out there..

Re: for you snipers out there..

Not bad, he has some skills with a sniper rifle, but I'm guessing its all on a pub server, seems the enemy team didn't work together much, allowing him to hide in their base etc.

Still good movie, like the editing, and he is a much better sniper than me anyway :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Good aim, terrible at quick-scoping. Ergo the opposite from me :P
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

How is he terrible at quick scoping?

To me this kind of illustrates why the knife is dumb in this game. It allows a sniper to run around with a bolt action sniper rifle in close quarters and if he misses he can still one shot kill you with a knife.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post

To me this kind of illustrates why the knife is dumb in this game. It allows a sniper to run around with a bolt action sniper rifle in close quarters and if he misses he can still one shot kill you with a knife.
          Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Does this look like hardcore?

Most of the sniper guns with high damage still need a headshot for a one shot kill, correct?

Comment

I like to watch clips from Sgt. Enigma, although I have to say I am a big big Russian Badger fan, his commentary is great and his videos are too (if you're interested just youtube his channel). The video is nice but I think this is much better, the 1 man armada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLqqKP_TqU

On a side note, lately I just can't find a normal server where I could get a good game in. At one point in a certain game 80% of our team was literally sniping behind from our spawn on the MCOMs (we were defending), I'm just sad I didn't take a picture of 6 wookies trying to squeeze behind 1 rock, and they got a mortar strike on them. It's either that or clans seriously stacking teams.
              ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post

Most of the sniper guns with high damage still need a headshot for a one shot kill, correct?
                In Normal mode, when you run around as a sniper using a bolt-action rifle and taking most of your shots from short to medium range (e.g. Abel), many of your shots will be one-shot kills no matter where you hit them even if they have full health. You can tell the guy in the video is playing on Normal because he has minimap and he had crosshairs on his Rex.
                "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post

edit: VoodooIT beat me to it :)

Not at close range with bolt action sniper rifles, a shot to the torso should suffice.
                  "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Nice video, I liked the part where the music slowed down and then upped the tempo again, also when the screen flashed. Calling the video "Wookie rush" and using the Star Wars font, genius!
                    I kid, I kid.
                    He has skills that is for sure, but I kind of agree with Abel.
                    I think what Abel is saying is that the guy is not *that* quick with the scope, he zooms in and then adjusts his aim instead of just zooming in and getting it right without adjusting. Some of those kills did not even require him to use the scope at all in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post

Ok terrible is a really bad choice of words.. But I still believe that he isn't much of a quick scope kind of guy. I base this on the fact that almost the only time he quick scope in the clip is when being stationary guarding say a staircase.. Really easy to do just set it up and duoble tap the mouse. Most shot he makes he zooms in and adjust to hit the target. Yes he does this in a nice smooth way but way to slow.

I mostly quick scope. I hit the right mouse button and the left one almost at the same time. Hit or miss no adjustments at all. I use the scope when the target is at such distance that I have to hit the head to kill him. (A distance that is larger then most think it is) I don't rely on having a good aim in the same way, instead I concentrate only on what's in the middle of the screen moving around the mouse a lot to always have the target in the middle of my screen as soon as I see him.

@ Phoenix.
                      Sgt Enigma is a beast.. I've played against him and he is just crazy good and in my mind the best "sniper" in the game..
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post

I mostly quick scope. I hit the right mouse button and the left one almost at the same time. Hit or miss no adjustments at all. I use the scope when the target is at such distance that I have to hit the head to kill him. (A distance that is larger then most think it is) I don't rely on having a good aim in the same way, instead I concentrate only on what's in the middle of the screen moving around the mouse a lot to always have the target in the middle of my screen as soon as I see him.
                        That splains it, and gives me something to try out.

Comment

?? so this gives insta-scoped-accuracy instead of the [presumably awful] hip-shot accuracy???

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                            ?? so this gives insta-scoped-accuracy instead of the [presumably awful] hip-shot accuracy???

Double "the more you know rainbow" all the way. so intense.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post

Well not really but at the same time yes it do, there is a delay between zooming in and shooting of oh I don't know .X seconds you can however get really fast with it but you can't click them both at the same time since it will lag out and just zoom in and out without shooting.

According to me the hip-shot accuracy is good in the way that it has a random spray so you can't predict it or no-scope with accuracy and that I base on 50-60 test shots were I couldn't see any pattern and a really wide spread of the bullets.. Some people think that the no-scope fires where the dot on you scope would be if you zoomed in but I haven't seen anything showing that.

and then you have to count in the horrid hit-boxes in this game. When shooting at a target that is moving sideways the bullet will land a couple of pixels in front of your aim. Same when you are strafing and as far as I can tell from testing and watching other people's vids it's not ping related.. o.O
                              Nubhar

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X