Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to make the script kick pubs before TSers when paying members join? + TS reg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to make the script kick pubs before TSers when paying members join? + TS reg

Hello interbros:
    Been enjoying the TG servers lately, but I keep getting kicked when paying members join. I know I'm a leech, but I'm broke. It'd be awesome if randoms got kicked before anybody on TS.

Also, the TS registration page appears to link to the FAQ on smilies. Just thought I'd throw that up there.

Re: Anyway to make the script kick pubs before TSers when paying members join? + TS

That posting page link is broke! You can look on the TeamSpeak Default channel and there is a link for ID registration there. Or try this link that O'Niel post awhile back!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1585092

Gunney out! :)

Comment

Re: Anyway to make the script kick pubs before TSers when paying members join? + TS

I know, betting kicked for the paying members is a pain. But, the server kick is a perk reserved for supporting members only. Sorry about that. :row__541:

Comment

Hey Fishfox! First off, welcome! :) Second, the idea is a sound one... rewarding talking-team-players with more server-time, right?

There have actually been a lot of good suggestions over the years about how to improve the kick-script, and the admin teams have considered every one of them.... Kicking non-SL's first, kicking CO last, prioritizing TS users, kicking by lowest score, kicking by most TK's, kicking non-squad-members first, etc, etc. Unfortunately, once you start introducing these different ways to avoid getting kicked, you can imagine what happens... people take advantage of it. You end up with six one man squads, or a bunch of people in TS, just there for the reserved slot.

Ultimately, again and again, we've decided to stick with the original, tried and true model: if you help pay for the game server (and webserver, and email-server, and ftp space, and software licenses, and data backup, and extreme bandwidth fees, etc, etc)... then you get a reserved spot on the server. Full stop.

On the other hand, if you're NOT a supporting member (which is perfectly fine BTW... nobody will look down on you or treat you as a second-class citizen), then we try to give you a fair shot at some server-time by kicking the non-SM that's been playing the longest without a break. Of course, it's not too hard to figure out how to game that logic either, but it's the fairest way we've come up with.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          That posting page link is broke! ...

BTW, Gunney, which link in which thread is broken?

Comment

The main sticky for teamspeak post by Whiskey Six!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ar-2011-a.html

Comment

I have to see that it's somewhat reasonable, but at the same time I do feel the current setup is rather counter-tactical, and this is a shame. Tactical pubnubs > regular pubnubs IMO.
              Obviously my suggestion would be exploitable, but who's going to bother to connect to the TG server and get on TS, just to avoid talking? There're plenty of other server options that don't require the hassle.
              I would suggest that the investment in setting up TS and trying to play in the server filters those interested in teamplay. After all, why else are we on the TG server in the first place?
              But I guess I may not have pertinent background info.

Comment

You'd be surprised.

Comment

Well, to be honest, if we did have a three tiered system of

1. SMs
                  2. Regular/TS active non SMs
                  3. Total strangers

Then the benefits of supporting memberships would be decreased. See, it's not common for every slot on the server to be taken by a supporting member. Usually there's about 10-12 slots filled by non SMs. If we created this category of "known non SMs" then the number of slots available to true randoms would drop further. The worth of the SM status would drop, because it would be a very rare thing indeed for the only non SMs on server to be known non SMs. Which means our 3 or so true randoms would be able to get 3 minutes in before getting kicked for an SM. Meanwhile the known non SMs get almost all the benefits of SM without paying for it.

That's a little convoluted, sorry if I'm unclear.

Comment

I understand the being broke...been there, it sucks.

But think of it this way: Doing something special for non-SMs means more stuff to code, more stuff to manage, more things that break and more users to support. But no more money coming in.

$8.95 is a movie ticket or two cheap meals at the drive thru. Also keep in mind that you can pay on a monthly basis, no commitment. If you got a spare $10 sometime, sign up as SM and try it out. Odds are you'll love being able to play what you want when you want to and find a way to keep it going.

It's hard to find a better value as far as hobbies go.

Comment

Fallen, when was the last time you went to the movies? 10 years ago?

Comment

Hey, I take the kids to the dollar movies, $8 buys me 4 tickets.

Comment

coming from whiskey who told me a while back 5 bucks bought people a round of beerzzzz.

/hijack of thread off!

Comment

8 bucks a round, not 5!

Hey, I take my kids to the bar when it's 2-dollar drafts, so 8 bucks buys me 4 beers.

Comment

I think the biggest issue is the 32 slot server with 2 slots taken up automatically. I still don't understand why you can't do a 34 slot server with 2 slots taken giving at least 32 slots. Until BF3 when we get back to 64 player servers, it continues to be an issue with SM making up the majority of the server thus limiting the recruiting power of the TG way.
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X