Odd game on =E= clan server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd game on =E= clan server

The following is not an accusation, but a discussion as to what is possible and what could be cheating.

Server: =E= Valparaiso / Isle of inocentes Boobies and Beer

Player Name: Stiltzy while in Blackhawk chopper gunning

Screen shot:

Was in a game yesterday about 3:00 PM eastern and noticed we were getting steamrollered by attacking side. It was evident that the majority of the kills were being done by player Stiltzy! He was in a Blackhawk gunning the whole time with a very good pilot rolling and bobbing side to side. I changed over to Eng and could not get a tracer dart on chopper for the life of me. Saw only one other player get a tracer on it , but chopper dislodged it with flares.

As soon as I fired off a tracer I was summarily dispatched. I could not hide behind a boulder, look out a window or even peek at chopper without being shot. Game was over very quickly. It was like we were being lit up as soon as we spawned in.

My question is, is it possible to do this without an aim-bot? Is there a mouse setting so that the chopper guns can be manipulated easily? I've been in a chopper many times before and had trouble trying to lock on to enemy on the ground.

I looked up "Stiltzy" on Game tracker and noticed he had a K/D ratio 1.78 and a Win/Loss of 1.82. He has spent alot of time in Blackhawk! If he shows up in a game, I would suggest leaving.

http://www.gametracker.com/games/bc2...zy/?t=vehicles

Just what gun is effective in doing damage to a chopper if you are not an engineer?

Re: Odd game on =E= clan server

These blackhawk guns are extremely effective when fired at the right angle ( the smaller the angle the better). If pilot was holding the craft very low i believe he is legit, but if he was just flying as high as 90 degrees that would be just not possible to hold that gun steady enough to rack up all those kills.
    sigpic

Comment

There is one reason why blackhawk chopper gunning works on their server but not really on ours and that is 3D spotting. It is completely within the realm of possibility to legitimately kill 60, 70 people on Valpo under the perfect circumstances.

1. Chopper pilot has to be really good at dodging AT4's, has to be constantly in moving and knowing when to be aggressive and when to back off. A good chopper pilot can dodge rockets and tracers, a great pilot can do all that while still giving his gunners steady shots at killing infantry.

2. Chopper needs two dedicated engineers in the back repairing the thing as it takes damage from heavy MG fire otherwise a steady dose of MG fire and M95 fire will eventually take down even the most skillful pilot.

3. Chopper gunner needs to use the Warhead vehicle perk as this makes it much easier to kill infantry with the gatling guns. Without the perk, it can take a really long time of concentrated fire to get one kill.

4. 3D spotting. When the chopper is flying high and at a safe distance, it can be hard to even see enemies on the ground and even harder to track them as they move after you start firing. 3D spotting changes that and makes them incredibly easy to follow with your gatling gun. Every good gunner is trained to spot as he shoots effectively guaranteeing that he will always have targets to hit.

Of course, it's still possible that he was cheating, I'm just saying that it is possible to do what he did especially when nobody on the opposing team is able to take down the chopper or snipe the pilot out.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

If you feel this way you should bring it up with =E= Administrators. It's rude to discuss "cheating" on an external forum.
        Skud

Comment

Skud, that player was not a clan member of =E=. No one on the scoreboard had =E= tags.

Just got off of Vent talking to Evil_Monkey (admin) about the player. He says after investigation, he seems to be legit, but was concerned about his high Wins/Loss ratio. Evil will be on watching for him in the future.

This was a discussion and not an accusation. If another player brings in his good pilot and mans the gun in like manner, we need to know how to handle the situation. As for me, I'm gonna break out my AT4 and start practicing!

Comment

I have actually never thought about using the warhead perk while manning the minigun on the Blackhawk, good tip Voodo :)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
              As for me, I'm gonna break out my AT4 and start practicing!
              I recommend Britt create an AT4 vs. choppa TGU class.

Comment

Lately whenever I hop on a server I find 2-3 guys always in a blackhawk just mowing down my team. I can believe that he's perfectly legit because rounds like that can and do happen.

I found a few guys who used aimbot and what I noticed is this. I don't know how they move, but you will easily notice them because they turn around like 360 degrees. Not only is it almost impossible to turn your mouse like that all the time it's 100% impossible to give headshots to people at the same time (aimbot locks on random targets I assume)

Oh and once I had a guy in my squad that was stuck in a corner of a house shooting at the wall, I thought it's a kid or someone who has no idea how to play, so I used my 40mm and destroyed the wall. Just as the wall went down he went out and gave like 7 headshots and kept on giving them to the other team like it's christmas.
                ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Stiltzy was on our server last night! He was on the ground mostly and doing pretty good as scoreboard showed him being in 2nd place below Britt. Do not know how game ended as my program froze up during game.

Someone else on TeamSpeak mentioned they had frozen up at same time but I did not recognize who it was. Who ever it was, please contact me. I need to find your system specs as I've been battling this problem for two months. Thought it was from overclocking my computer, but it was not overclocked at that time.

Comment

Gunney, the only time I freeze up (other than EA disconnects) is when I forget to turn on the fan that blows air toward my case or it gets really hot in the house (like when some body knocks the thermostat all the way up). Heat is your biggest threat and BC2 is a hog on a system. You should check your CPU and Graphics cards temperatures during play, I have not used a monitoring program in years, I am sure someone else has one in their favorites.

I often find myself playing on the Big =E= server during the day, and am not surprised by that score at all. I have often seen a blackhawk last the entire round lately, it is horrible for the defending team who is half filled with players oblivious on how to deal with the continuous threat. Instead, they hide behind cover waiting for someone else to take it out. Unfortunately it is really hard to take on a BH from distance because the gunners see our tracers and rocket trails leading back to our cover spots. It is just another case of lack of teamwork between players who have not been enlightened!
                    It also sucks to be on "that guy's team" with the BH raping the pubbers mercilessly, because there is no threat from most of the enemy, as they become those easy cowering targets behind every shipping crate. Mcoms often go up without any defense at all . . . all reasons why players like Threatty can run around like Rambo on crack! I often find myself with not enough bullets in an MG to kill the mob who are all hiding behind the same box or rock.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I was playing the TnB server last night, and I got into a chopper gunner seat on Isla Innocentes. Went from like 5/6 to 53/6, then we got shot down and I died a couple more times on the ground. Final score 53/8, 7000 points, 22100 with awards.

The Blackhawk can honestly dominate with no trouble on a couple maps provided the 3d spots are turned on. By turning ours off, we make it pretty much impossible for the Blackhawk to rape the way it can on vanilla settings. I'm very surprised that DICE still allows you to repair from inside the Blackhawk. That's really what breaks it from a defense point of view. We had 5 mgs shooting at us on that last stage, but we were able to stay airborne due to the wrench cranking away. Very broken IMO.

Comment

Stiltzy was on our server last night! He was on the ground mostly and doing pretty good as scoreboard showed him being in 2nd place below Britt. Do not know how game ended as my program froze up during game.

Someone else on TeamSpeak mentioned they had frozen up at same time but I did not recognize who it was. Who ever it was, please contact me. I need to find your system specs as I've been battling this problem for two months. Thought it was from overclocking my computer, but it was not overclocked at that time.
                        f

He was air borne after you froze he went from 4-4 to 30ish and 4 before Zenchi shot them down. (i don't know how), but his fellow pilot was the best i have seen so far in the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                          3. Chopper gunner needs to use the Warhead vehicle perk as this makes it much easier to kill infantry with the gatling guns. Without the perk, it can take a really long time of concentrated fire to get one kill.
                          Ah, this must be why when I operate the gatling guns it's like they're spitting marshmallows! Does the same apply to the secondary guns in an APC - which seem similarly weak to me?

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Skud, that player was not a clan member of =E=. No one on the scoreboard had =E= tags.

Just got off of Vent talking to Evil_Monkey (admin) about the player. He says after investigation, he seems to be legit, but was concerned about his high Wins/Loss ratio. Evil will be on watching for him in the future.

This was a discussion and not an accusation. If another player brings in his good pilot and mans the gun in like manner, we need to know how to handle the situation. As for me, I'm gonna break out my AT4 and start practicing!
                              The following is not an accusation, but a discussion as to what is possible and what could be cheating.
                              I know you don't mean wrong by this thread, but it's an =E= issue. I would hate for this guy to log on to our forums and see a thread where players think he is possibly cheating.

I'm glad you discussed this with an =E= server admin.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X