Kicking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking

Occasionally while playing on server, I get kicked to make room for an SM. I do understand because I am a non SM that I can be kicked but still, I am on TS and I am a productive team player. If the on duty admin is asked to make room do you think that it is possible that non-SM TS players have priority over "pubbies" when kicking. Maybe the admins can do a quick check in TS so that they are not kicking someone in TS. Now I know that this is a reason to get an SM, but for many reasons some of us are not able to help support the TG community at the moment. Anyway, is there anything you can do?
    sigpic

Re: Kicking

Most of the reasons are listed here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...in-ts-reg.html

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Fine... Thanks for cleairng this up.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's frustrating... every single one of us has been there.

I know it's not much consolation, but be sure to understand that admins don't manually kick to make room for SM's. There's a script that runs that keeps a timer on every player. When SM's join and the server is full (30/32), the script boots the player who's timer's been running the longest.

If you've been playing for a while and the server isn't quite full,

pro-tip: rejoining the server resets your been-playing-for timer to 00:00 ... shhhhhh :icon12:

Comment

The timer thing is wrong... I've tested it a ton of times. Seems to kick randomly for the most part...

As far as getting kicked it happens to us all ( by "all" i mean anyone that isn't a SM). The best tip I can give you is just to wait out a spot and re-join then give out a ton of punishment to everyone on. ^_^

I have asked if it was possible to just have the script off when a GM is available to manually add SMs but that is up to them to implement if they want.

Comment

I wish that our server was set up like =E= clan server. If their server is full, you just wait in a que until someone leaves the game. Ours is not so. If it's full at 30/32 the server allows you to start the game only to be kicked right back out! You have to watch until its 29/32 to try!

Comment

Hmm, since BC2 has a queue, could the script be modified to check if a person in the queue is a SM and only then kick a non-SM?

If it were possible, it'd give us two more slots on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                Hmm, since BC2 has a queue, could the script be modified to check if a person in the queue is a SM and only then kick a non-SM?

If it were possible, it'd give us two more slots on the server.
                This is a great idea, but I don't think it's possible as I don't see any way to access to the queue.... The script uses standard RCON commands, and there's nothing about the queue in that documentation.

Right now, the script uses admin.listPlayers to build and maintain its own playerLists. When a player joins the server, it compares that new name to the list o' supporting members, which is published by the TG.com server. If there's a match AND there are > 30 players on the server, it goes through the list of non-SM's on the server and kicks the one with the highest tick-count.

So the only reason we need the two open slots is to allow players to join and have their credentials [SM?] evaluated by the script. We could go with ONE open slot and have it all work - but then it'd be 16 vs 15 instead of 15 vs 15.
                Last edited by WhiskeySix; 05-26-2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Zenchi View Post
                  The timer thing is wrong... I've tested it a ton of times. Seems to kick randomly for the most part...
                  I think this is true. I feel like I get kicked very quickly - within 10 or 20 minutes, every time. Anecdote does not equal data, but that's what it feels like.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                    I think this is true. I feel like I get kicked very quickly - within 10 or 20 minutes, every time. Anecdote does not equal data, but that's what it feels like.
                    I can assure you that, despite perceptions, it's definitely kicking based on time-played. When we first rolled it out, there were some bugs related to this, that all got fixed. The three biggest bugs:
                    • Non-SM's would be kicked when ANY player (SM or not) joined when 30/32. (this setup this nasty revolving door where players would just non-stop kick eachother!)
                    • When an SM joined, the player with the most recent joinTime was kicked (opposite of desired)
                    • When a non-SM rejoins the [non-full] server, their joinTime wasn't being reset - so they were still the next kicked.

Also - if anyone sees PanzerHans around, buy that man a beer! - he did a LOT of grinding to get this script written, debugged, and working.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      This is a great idea, but I don't think it's possible as I don't see any way to access to the queue.... The script uses standard RCON commands, and there's nothing about the queue in that documentation.

Right now, the script uses admin.listPlayers to build and maintain its own playerLists. When a player joins the server, it compares that new name to the list o' supporting members, which is published by the TG.com server. If there's a match AND there are > 30 players on the server, it goes through the list of non-SM's on the server and kicks the one with the highest tick-count.

So the only reason we need the two open slots is to allow players to join and have their credentials [SM?] evaluated by the script. We could go with ONE open slot and have it all work - but then it'd be 16 vs 15 instead of 15 vs 15.
                      It is very much possible. I'm a VIP on another server. I've joined the server when it was full at 32/32 and a 3 person queue, and after some black magic sorcery I was in the server in less than 5 seconds.

I'm assuming it isn't easy to change scripts overnight, but I can ask the admin for the algorithm or the script itself, if you guys want.

Comment

yeah broke, that'd be great!

edit: now that I think about it a minute, that's probably BC2's buil- in reserved-slot (aka "VIP") system. The problem with that is it kicks a random non-VIP when a VIP joins. Anyway - still good to find out what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          yeah broke, that'd be great!

edit: now that I think about it a minute, that's probably BC2's buil- in reserved-slot (aka "VIP") system. The problem with that is it kicks a random non-VIP when a VIP joins. Anyway - still good to find out what they're doing.
                          I may be in the minority here, but I think the tradeoff between kicking the longest playing non-sm versus kicking a random non-sm would be well worth it for the ability to have a full 32/32 server.
                          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Just kick flipnub. He has the shakiest internet known to man. It's just a matter of time before he gets disconnected anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                              Just kick flipnub. He has the shakiest internet known to man. It's just a matter of time before he gets disconnected anyway.
                              And then I would rejoin afterwards :)

Maybe admins should start kicking people who make witty posts :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X