Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluteers for Video Project Tonight

Multiple Camera Project

My wife is out tonight, which means I can play play play (wait, I do that every night . . .).

I know a few of you have Fraps set up. I would like a few volunteers (this will work with as little as just one more videographer) for a TG filming project.

Here is what I propose.

I need volunteer camera operators (Fraps) AND a few squad mates who will be willing to move into a separate teamspeak channel for the duration of the round and, as usual, closely follow orders.

Armed with at least two 'cameras' we will work as a squad, business almost-as-usual, but film an entire round/map. I'll ask the extra camera operators to upload their unedited footage to YouTube or Vimeo. I'll download that material and edit it into my footage.

The end result will be a video record of in-game action filmed from at least two angles.

To get best results we will have to change the way we play, keeping the needs of the camera in mind.

This means the camera operators will need to be focus on staying alive and in the same area so as to capture combined footage of the same events AND the squad mates will need to stay in close proximity to each other, paying special attention to the orders of the squad leader/director (moi) so we can 'get the shot' from two angles at an optimal distance. We will not need to be on top of each other, but we will need to be aware of each other's location and in direct visual contact.

It also means that the camera operators will have to play a bit conservatively (defensively) so as to minimize time wasted getting fragged and getting regrouped.

PL_OSTRY, I know you have Fraps and are VERY good in battle, so I am hoping you will be interesting in participating.

Of course, we can try this any night, but lets get started tonight.

We'll iron out the details in this thread once volunteers step up.

(Of course, we could also use volunteers who will play the role of enemies and provide us with lots of cannon fodder and easy kills . . . ;-)

We could get the entire server population involved for one sequence.

I have in mind the map with the train yard at C, the B flag at the top of the canyon (near the train wreck).

My film crew and our entire team would position in the immediate area of B (the canyon). Once we are ALL there at B, the cameras role from the safety of the back and sides of the canyon area and capture a close quarters battle involving the entire server.

The Defending side (my side at B) would make NO move to break out and capture other flags -- the point here would be to keep the battle entirely contained in one area for the cameras.
    Last edited by E-Male; 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Voluteers for Video Project Tonight

That is a great idea and would make a great addition for official TG youtube channel. I am definitely up for it. I will be on TS around 9pm EST.
    P.S.
    E-Male i hope you can spell my name right one of these days :)
    sigpic

Comment

E I think this is an excellent idea. I'm uploading a rather long (18min!) Nelson Bay Rush video today to Vimeo. My FRAPS is working rather well these days, that I'm not trying to save to an external drive. I can record most reliably in 640x480 at 30fps, and will volunteer to help film in any way I can. Although it will be quite hard to focus more on filming, than on fighting...

Too bad we can't "mark" our camera operators to leave them alive as long as possible.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Ive been interested in doing a multiangle video for a long time. I like your initiative.
        But, just a suggestion. Just let everyone play as they would normally do. I think that would be more interesting. If you start directing the action something will go wrong, it wont cut well and the footage wont be representative for the TG-server.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
          Ive been interested in doing a multiangle video for a long time. I like your initiative.
          But, just a suggestion. Just let everyone play as they would normally do. I think that would be more interesting. If you start directing the action something will go wrong, it wont cut well and the footage wont be representative for the TG-server.
          Good advice.

Yet in tonight's case I am working on not so much directing action (aside from my Canyon fight concept...) as coordinating the camera work. We will not easily get two angles of the same action if we are not looking at the same event . . .

Keep in mind that the point of this project is to capture the same action from two perspectives. For efficiency's sake, this will best happen if someone is directing the cameras to film the same action.

I have uploaded plenty of footage that is highly representative of TG game play. This will be the same, with a bit more cinematic qualities perhaps.

(Now to write an Oscar acceptance speech).
          sigpic

Comment

Am I the only person concerned with the idea of 2 or more people on the same team essentially sitting in the back and just 'watching' rather than pursuing the objectives with the rest of their team?

I think this would be a very cool idea if you were simply talking about having a an entire squad run Fraps and pursue team objectives as normal without worrying about getting the right shot.
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I volunteer to be on the other team and wipe your squad over and over again :)

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                >_> <_< pssst... hey... they're going for bravo

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                  Am I the only person concerned with the idea of 2 or more people on the same team essentially sitting in the back and just 'watching' rather than pursuing the objectives with the rest of their team?

I think this would be a very cool idea if you were simply talking about having a an entire squad run Fraps and pursue team objectives as normal without worrying about getting the right shot.
                  Well, first of all, we would be supporting our squad mates in their forward positions. We would probably be securing a vital zone.

And it would be for all of one round.

Surely this does not constitute a grievous drain on the Team.

Exactly what percentage of the TG's team's annual in-game time would this affect?

0.0000000000000000000001 per cent or so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                    I'll put you down as "cannon fodder" then!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                      And for further clarification (good points raised here by Voodoo), the cameramen will not simply be watching.

Our cameras have big guns and pointy knives attached to them . . .
                      sigpic

Comment

I propose we ask therussianbadger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcO8d...&feature=feedu) to guest commentate. I'm thinking that with the recent.. ah hem, outages, on the PS3, that he's talking MORE than he used to!

Comment

The best way to get different angles of an action would be to put 4 cameras in one squad i think and just play out few rounds together.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thedogwarrior View Post
                            I propose we ask therussianbadger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcO8d...&feature=feedu) to guest commentate. I'm thinking that with the recent.. ah hem, outages, on the PS3, that he's talking MORE than he used to!
                            NO!!!! : )

E-Male, I have FRAPs and a decent rig (and, since the title of the thread is Video Project, I am a shoe-in). Just let me know.

Comment

(NOT trying to derail this thread.) Project did you used to play BF2 under the name [SF] Project?

(BACK on track.) I like the idea of playing regularly - if not for this specific one-round filming, as per your wishes E - and having 3-4 guys in a squad all filming, PLUS in their own TS channel - to highlight teamwork and comms.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X