Damonte has been hard at work, and we're ready to do some testing on a new implementation for SM reserved-slots! (give that man some +rep next time you see him!) We've tested as much as we can on the empty server-2, and it's time for some prime-time-full-server-bug-hunting! :D
We'll broadcast over in-game All Chat when we're going to start testing, but being in TS3 will help things go more smoothly. Thanks in advance for your patience and help! :)
The biggest changes you'll notice:
- We will drop the 2 permanently-empty slots. Like most other servers, ours will be full at 32/32.
- The server browser's waiting-to-join queue will now work. Non-SM's won't have to refresh, waiting for 30/32, while SM's will be let straight through onto the server.
- Non-SM's will be kicked in random order to make room (at least initially - FIFO functionality might return in the future)
What to expect tonight:
- The map might randomly skip or restart
- We might find you in TS, and ask you to do something you're not comfortable with.
- The server might crash unexpectedly
- You might be kicked from the server undeservedly
- You might NOT be kicked from the server, undeservedly
- Your friendly neighborhood admin team