Gonna be brand new on Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be brand new on Friday

Hey guys, I am going to be a brand new member as of Tomorrow (Friday) I plan on picking the game after I get my paycheck. So here is where I get to my point, I could use a pretty patient squad to teach me the ropes, now I'm not brand new to the shooters, I know that doesnt count for much with the mindset for BC2 being team related over the spam nades and whatnot of MW series. Thats why I came here, to play in a tactical sense and get some real enjoyment out of the game that other shooters wont offer me, so i'll be creating an account and whatnot friday after work about 6, maybe 7PM EST. I'll hop back on this thread to see if anyone could teach me some stuff then we can start getting into some real action.

Thanks.
    P.S. I have a good Mic, and I have all of the chat systems like Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Skype, whatever you guys are accustomed to and am age 19 very American.
    P.S.S - Thanks (Now im done) ;D

Welcome aboard! Just look for any of the squads with tg in them and make sure your in our ts channel, we'll handle the rest ;D

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: Gonna be brand new on Friday

very American = good
      very Canadian like zhohar = bad

Welcome aboard TG, I think you'll really enjoy the teamwork and tactical nature of the play here. We use Teamspeak 3 here at TG, but first you have to register your TS ID on your TacticalGamer forum account in order to use our TS server. Instructions for how to do this are here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html

After that, just jump down to the Bad Company 2 Channels and look for some of the old farts to play with like Project.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Welcome aboard man... and welcome to the best squadplay gaming site around!

I would highly recommend getting TS setup, and while we typically split the TS channels into Team 1, Team 2 - and not down to the squad level (in-game VOIP still does not work in BFBC2, if you haven't heard) we will occasionally split up into squad channels on a side. If you have a lot of questions, ask in channel if someone will "show you the ropes" in a squad channel. Back in BF2142 we would often run "Learn TG" squads; I think you'll find the community welcoming and helpful to you.

I would also check out the videos from Silver, a long-time TGer - great series of videos on tips and how-to's in BC2:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYkJmuLHHos

You might also check out this sticky thread:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-tactics-sops/

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Just to echo everyone's sentiments, jumping in Teamspeak is near-essential for teamwork. Given you have them installed, it's just a matter of jumping in channel when you join the server (it's very helpful to have TS hotkeys mapped to each channel).

Don't be afraid to say you're new, and more importantly don't be afraid to ask questions. I think everyone in the community can universally agree that we love to have more players play "the TG way". We all understand it's a learning process.

One last point I'd like to make is that the tendency lately is to have team-wide channels instead of squad-based channels. If all those voices start to become intimidating, don't be afraid to ask your squad (via TS or in-game chat) to move to your own squad channel. More often than not, TG members are willing to help out, especially if they're in TS.

Comment

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Its nice to see a community that gives a crap. Just came from League of Legends (Groan) kinda getting tired of the childish stuff. Glad I stumbled upon the tactical gamer vids on youtube, they were great and I been reading the forums posts and looking at some of you guys youtube vid posts and whatnot. Excellent, even when you guys lose you guys do it in style (James bond style I might add ;D) so I hope for the time I am playing BC2 i'll be having a great time, you know, at least till Battlefield 3 comes out. Anyways, ill be on and off these forums so I can read you guys epic posts and stuff. :)

Comment

Oh and also, I have been studying up on the classes and how to preform each role successfully, I been leaning more toward the Recon class just because of the utility, but medic looks pretty awesome also, so I am not quite sure what will fit my playstyle as I have yet to play a game where team tactics really mattered, MW was just... Res, throw nades asap, spray weapon... check. Die, rinse/repeat. So I want to avoid that gameplay from here on, so if anyone has tips for what a great class for learning how to BC2, give me some advice. :)

Comment

Welcome to TG! Well i think everyone has told you about TS3, so I'll just let you know that if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! And don't be shy on TS!

Comment

Got it boss(Admin). Nice to be in the whole mature big leagues! :D Gonna try to be all pro and stuff and try to avoid embarrassing myself too badly. So I been watching these Youtube vids like an AP Student with dreams of going to Harvard without daddy paying for my entrance.(Thanks Mark Remo) Still dont understand what tickets are but im working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Morath View Post
                    a community that gives a crap
                    New TG tagline!

Comment

Lol epic, :D, Oh and good luck on my side, and I'd hate to make a liar out of myself and the title of this thread, but I was doing the laundry and to my surprise I found a big ol hunkin 20$ bill in the lint catcher. So I logged onto steam and got myself BC2 just a few seconds ago.

Comment

Welcome to TG!

When you get in game, the first thing you'll find is that you have no guns or tools... You need to level up a couple of times to get useful things like health and ammo boxes.

To make this go a litle faster, I suggest you tag along with a squad and help where you can, when you have the chance, pick up a kit from a downed player and use their tools until you get your own. Just throwing motion balls, ammo or health boxes around you'll gain rank pretty quickly.

Comment

Sweet, sounds like a good deal, still waiting on steam to tell me the purchase of BC2 was verified, but thanks for the awesome advice, I never head anything about ammo boxes not being available at level 1 or anything, so this advice will help a TON. (No sarcasm intended)

Comment

Sweet, sounds like a good deal, still waiting on steam to tell me the purchase of BC2 was verified, but thanks for the awesome advice, I never head anything about ammo boxes not being available at level 1 or anything, so this advice will help a TON. (No sarcasm intended)
                            You'll be just in time for the weekend!

Comment

Gonna try to be all pro and stuff and try to avoid embarrassing myself too badly.
                              Hmm who hasn't embarrassed themselves here at least ounce or twice? Just make sure you have a push to talk key assigned... Made that mistake myself way back when I never used TS before... :S O bring pie :) We like pie.

On a serious note, teamwork, maturity and a very large community of friends to play with. You found the spot. Enjoy your stay and relax if you mess up we can always just claim you walked in the line of fire ;)

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X